Bottle conditioning concerns.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a ginger cyser a few months ago and recently moved the brew to bottles. I bottle conditioned by dissolving about 3/4 of a cup of sugar in some cyser and adding it back to the mix before bottling.
Now there has been a strange sediment settling on the bottoms of all my bottles. I' concern as to what this might be. It looks kind of like mold.

image.jpg

As far as i know, mold is only on the top of a liquid. Looks like sediment from the bottle conditioning. Does it taste ok?

Only bottled it a few weeks ago, so I haven't tasted it. I was going to try this bottle in a few more weeks, mainly to see if the carbonation was working.

Only bottled it a few weeks ago, so I haven't tasted it. I was going to try this bottle in a few more weeks, mainly to see if the carbonation was working.

I am with Revvy on this one. I reckon you should have carbonation already. Why not knock the top of one and give it a go.
Report back on your findings. If we do not hear from you we will know we were wrong and it really was not yeast but rather something like ecoli or streptococcus. :)

Back