Fertilizer how much and what type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
What fertilizer do hops like? 10-10-10 or something else and once planted how much? I have small plants 6 inches tall

I think I have a nitrogen deficiency from what I've see pics of

image-289173640.jpg

Attachments

• image-1203369237.jpg
    image-1203369237.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 197
  • image-2397226199.jpg
    image-2397226199.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 204
Looks like nutrient burn or it may be burning literally. Is it in a toasty place? Hopefully not using Miracle Gro yes?

Yea I did use it. It's in a spot that gets mid to late afternoon sun. It's a fuggle and I'm in Georgia. I know it's not ideal conditions. It's m gro with mushroom compost. I can replant if need be to keep from burning. I'm planning on plantung into a garden bed in about 3 to 4 weeks. My yard is all pine ark right now. Just fell 20 pines . Planting sod and gonna build trellis. So what kinda soil do they need?

If you meant the miracle gro crystals that you put in the watering can

Sorry man didn't mean to scare you with the Miracle Gro, they are just very heavy usually with the chemical fertilizer's, which is great for a lot of plants, and not for others. I can't say either way with hops to be honest. But what I am getting at is that if you use a soil which does not contain chem ferts then you are less susceptible to nutrient burn or lockout. It is very hard to adjust and use proper fertilizers on a soil that is so packed with crazy s**t like miracle grow. I would let her ride until the transplant, and for your beds, mix some native soil with some peat moss and vermiculite and they should be happy, regularly fertilize with some fish/seaweed fert and you will be having some ranky bomb hops, just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the tips it's my first time growing and I'm growing ten plants kinda overwhelmed every day is an adventure haha rhizomes some plugs and some crowns.

Back