Johnson Control Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavydbrew

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, but not new to brewing in general. Been brewing mostly ales, but am trying my luck at a Mexican Pilsner. I purchased a Johnson Control A419 and was wondering about how to locate it on my fermenter since it is the plastic 6 gallon bucket. After all the reading I've done it seems taping it to the fermenter is common practice. I taped it to the side of the plastic bucket with a folded paper towel over the probe. Any thoughts or suggestions? I figured I would check the actual temp of the liquid at some different intervals to see how close I was getting. Got to get to 55 degrees and my local supplier said it would take about a degree an hour which is my ideal temperature drop rate. Sorry for the long wind.
D

hmmm. I just have my probe sitting in the fridge. I set it 1 degree Celsius or so below what I'm aiming for in the fermenter (you know, exothermic reaction and all that).
However, this is my first go at this too.

You were right on the money. Initially set temp at 55 degrees. Read temp of wort and

it was 55.8 after 36 hours of chilling. Turned it down 1 degree to 54 and should get me right at 55 degrees. Thanks.

Back