Does this look ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enf0rc3r

Reaction score
I made sunshower honey apple wheat on Monday. My first attempt at all grain. I nailed my conversion efficiency but my brew house efficiency was only about 64% because of wort loss etc. anyway, I pitched wyeast 1010 no starter out of the swelled package and before I realized it, my wort was still too hot. I relied on someone else's word that the temp was down low enough. So now it's four days later and this is what it looks like. It's been kept at 66 degrees and the airlock was bubbling once every 12-15 seconds.

image-1289686790.jpg

Wow! Cover them back up! Do you know what those yeasties are doing there?? Put the lid back on and give them some privacy!

I like to watch.. :)

Thats why I use a clear fermentor so I can see..

But yep.. looks like the top of a nice Krausen there..

Lol me too! I'm quite the voyeur. I get down on the ground and just watch my fermenter go crazy. Fun watching them eat so voraciously that the wort is just churning like crazy.

Ondori said:
Lol me too! I'm quite the voyeur. I get down on the ground and just my fermenter go crazy. Crazy watching them eat so voraciously that the wort is just churning like crazy.

See! I told my wife I'm not the only one who does this.

Lol me too! I'm quite the voyeur. I get down on the ground and just watch my fermenter go crazy. Fun watching them eat so voraciously that the wort is just churning like crazy.

I built a shelf so I would not have to get down on the floor... Nope, you're not alone! :mug:

This is my fermentor:

mrbeer5-1.jpg

Made of polycarbonite plastic.. tough as nails and light as a feather. Completely see thru for all your yeast voyeuristic needs.

They also clean REAL easy.. no brushes needed, just a cotton rag and some iodine.

I have been considering reproducing something similar that would fit perfectly in a kitchen sink. have handles built in amoungst other features. Does anyone think there would be a market against carboys, better bottles, buckets and the like..?

Wow. I inadvertently started agood thread. Lol. Anyway, my fermenter internal temp jumped to 76 this morning when I woke up and foam was in my airlock. Needless to say, a slow start led to a vigorous fermentation. I cooled it down to 66 now.

Back