re-boiled already boiled brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wetworksfuy

Reaction score
I had this batch of saison fermenting in the primary and decided to brew up an IPA. While the IPA wort was cooling down I transfered the the saison to the secondary, cleaned out the primary and was all set to transfer the IPA from the pot to the primary but low and behold cant find the top for the bucket. I decided to stick the pot in the frig. First thing tomorrow morning I plan to run to my local HBS to get another top and then boil the wort for 15 minutes to sterilize it. Then cool and ferment. Any thoughts on this?

That might be okay....not ideal, but okay. I'd add more hops....

So you cooled the wort in the kettle, put the lid on it, and put it in the fridge?

it'll be fine. you don't need to boil it again. Pitch your yeast at the appropriate temperature when you can within a reasonable timeframe.

I'd say keep it in the fridge with sanitized plastic wrap on it, then pitch the yeast when it warms back up to your pitch temp.. no need to reboil.. that will just bitter your flavor hops.. that's what I'd do anyway.

Latest posts

Back