gas connection help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supergrump

Reaction score
I'm sure there's lots of posts like this but I'm very frustrated and a quick search hasn't provided much help...

I was hoping to brew on my new single tier brew stand this weekend, but the only setback is with my propane connection.
Here's the stand:

and the burners (10 inch Bayou Classic banjo - propane)

Finally, my gas line:

The last piece I need is a reducer so I can attach the 3/8 flare fitting that came with the burner to the yellow 1/2 inch flex hose:

I just got back from a local plumbing supply shop and they said "it can't be done". I've been back and forth to the hardware store for weeks now trying to get the proper fittings for the propane line and I'm getting frustrated. Can you guys help?

Also, I'm afraid the valves I bought might not be very effective. I want direct control over each burner, but the valves I bought are ball valves and after seeing the tiny outlet for the burner connection I think the ball valves would only be effective as on/off only. I'd like control over the flame intensity as well. Any advice?

There's probably tonnes of threads like this asking for help with the gas connection. There should be a tutorial or something for us noob's.

Thanks for any support...

Another good source is Portages Specialty (http://portagespecialty.com/), I got all my fittings here for my manifold, granted I did all 3/8 flare fittings but they have all the rare fittings you can't find anywhere else at a great price. Order was easy, quick and showed up exactly with what I wanted.

Back