To buy or not, the 50lb pail of PBW?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
Cleaning up after brewing takes more work than the brewing and if getting a great cleaner makes it easer, I'm all in. But it's only cheep if I buy the 50lb bucket? Is this too much? Anyone gotten this big sucker of PBW?

Cleaning up after brewing takes more work than the brewing and if getting a great cleaner makes it easer, I'm all in. But it's only cheep if I buy the 50lb bucket? Is this too much? Anyone gotten this big sucker of PBW?

I've gotten the 8lb. tub and that lasted me for a few months. If I had the $$ I would pick up the 50lb bucket. If the unit price was worth it, that is. IMO, that stuff is worth its weight in gold!

Having a 2bbl system I would get one as I PBW my system every quarter or so.

It was 130$ for the bucket, so a little more than 2 bucks a pound. I think it's cheaper than making the oxey/S.T.P mix. I give it to my brewing friends as gifts It makes the worst part of brewing a little easier. sorry about the bad picture

If Fox equipment ever makes you an offer to buy a case of Acid#5 instead of the single gallon, DON'T DO IT!

That **** lasts forever and is impossible to get rid of!

And yeah, I bought the 50lb PBW. About 4 years ago. Can't find enough ways to use it now.

Back