Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChris82

Reaction score
Where do you guys get them. I just decided to start kegging my beer and i just missed out on what i think is an amazing deal on kijiji. 6 corny's fittings and 10# c02 tank for $100.
So now that ive seen that my cheap side takes over and now i want to find something like that lol

Ive done some looking on the net but cant find anything cheaper then $50 per keg. Does anyone else know of discount kegs or maybe wants to get rid of some :)

I'm doing the same search, and not much seems to turn up on the west coast. I wonder if soda machines around here switched away from kegs too long ago for there to be any left floating about? Even the homebrew shops seem to be out all the time. FWIW, I'm seeing around $50-60 per keg either local or shipped in.

Prices are only going up. Used to see them for $35 then $40, now it's $50 and over most of the time.

First decide what is available for you. Ball lock or Pin lock. Currently Ball locks tend to go for $50-55 apiece with the occasional deal for cheaper. Pin Locks you can find in the $30 range usually. It is best to pressure test them before purchase or buy from vendors who promise that they will work, and usually it is a good idea to replace the non metal parts (o-rings) before first use.

A pizza shop went out of business near me and i got 3 20# tanks and 8 pin locks for really cheap. I walked by and saw them stacked next to a window.

Well i just kept watching kijiji and craigslist and i ended up getting 6 sanke kegs and a 20lb c02 tank still full for $200.

Thanks all for the advice

Back