Stainless Steel Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic8Ball

Reaction score
What am I missing here? Stainless steel 12 oz bottles $50 for something I can get for free when I empty a beer out in my gut. Sure you could take it places where glass cant go.. but thats why there is food grade plastic bottles. Why does this product exist? :confused:

41136.jpg

Ha! I just got that email too! Called my buddy at work over so I could share the ridiculousness of it. "Give as a gift" - Like you'd ever see those bottles again!

Well, they're gorgeous. If I had the cash (meaning if I could convince my SWMBO) I'd get a sixer of these bottles in a second. Of course, I'm that guy who buys all the crazy stuff for no reason other than it's shiny...

Well, they're gorgeous. If I had the cash (meaning if I could convince my SWMBO) I'd get a sixer of these bottles in a second. Of course, I'm that guy who buys all the crazy stuff for no reason other than it's shiny...

Well they do offer the bling factor for the brewer that has everything. Its Bling to the 6th power. Its a 6 o' Bling. Just would rather buy new stainless quick disconnects. But thats cheap me.

Yep, this is bizarre. If for some reason I wanted to pay $50 for stainless steel bottles, I sure as hell would't want "Brew, Share, Enjoy" plastered on the side. Honestly, I think NB has jumped the shark.

Yep, this is bizarre. If for some reason I wanted to pay $50 for stainless steel bottles, I sure as hell would't want "Brew, Share, Enjoy" plastered on the side. Honestly, I think NB has jumped the shark.

I was gonna say the same thing, what's with the design?

The bottles do look good and are catchy. But what caught my attention was the info about using cleaning chemicals: "Durable, rough-and-tumble stainless means they can be cleaned and sanitized with the harshest of chemicals or processes." Does that include bleach solutions?

Other than the brewer who likes shiny things, I'm betting that the biggest market for them will be people buying them to gift it to the "brewer who likes shiny things" in their lives :)

I can picture it right now, the wife picks up the catalog flips through and has the bright idea of the bday/xmas gift :)

Other than the brewer who likes shiny things, I'm betting that the biggest market for them will be people buying them to gift it to the "brewer who likes shiny things" in their lives :)

I can picture it right now, the wife picks up the catalog flips through and has the bright idea of the bday/xmas gift :)

Only $250 for a case!

Well, I'd certainly be ecstatic if I got these as a gift. Otherwise, forget that. There is NO WAY I'm spending that much money on such bling.

And glass cleans just fine, thank you very much!

And who is NB to tell me to share my homebrew??! I'd be MORE interested in plain bottles that I could cover with some transparent static decals, printed on a laser printer.

I got a stainless steel growler as a gift (Not the double walled insulated kind) and it looks cool and has a flip top grolsch style-ish cap but it starts building up condensation on the outside soon as I take it out of fridge. Also it warms up a lot faster than a glass growler. So it useless for bringing to a friend’s house. I’d guess these bottles will do the same. Oh yea and expensive.

This is almost right out of a Skymall catalog...

And I seeing how I rarely get my glass bottles back, THOSE would spontaneously disappear.

I think they're spiffy, but $50 is too much. Thanks for the link to the DWB bottles- that's a more reasonable price. I was thinking more like $5 a bottle when I heard they'd come out with them, since brand new glass bottles are about $1 apiece in a LHBS. That logo really ruins it too, so it's nice to see some blank ones.

Back