Slits distance and depth on a manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how deep the slits have to be and what the distance should be between these slits on a manifold?

Well it really does not matter so much in a way. Once the grain bed is set the grain will be filtering the wort. I put the slits a touch under half way and about every 1/4 inch. I used a band saw to cut them so the width of the slit was pretty narrow as well.

If you are batch sparging it matters even less. If you are fly sparging the shape and making sure it is a equal amount of slits throughout or evenly spaced matters a bunch

Ughh hung over and I hope it makes sense

Well it really does not matter so much in a way. Once the grain bed is set the grain will be filtering the wort. I put the slits a touch under half way and about every 1/4 inch. I used a band saw to cut them so the width of the slit was pretty narrow as well.

If you are batch sparging it matters even less. If you are fly sparging the shape and making sure it is a equal amount of slits throughout or evenly spaced matters a bunch

Ughh hung over and I hope it makes sense

Thanks. it makes perfect sense. Slit depth: half-way the tube....distance 1/4 inch. Thanks.

Back