Fermenation Chamber in Garage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon

Reaction score
Hello all,

I built a fermentation chamber that has been working out great for the last few months! Unfortunately, the Texas heat is beginning and the poor refrigerator is running like crazy. My setup is an insulated box affixed to a mini fridge with a heating pad with one of the stc-100 controllers. Would it help if i sat the carboys in a small pool of water and add ice every now and then? i have 3 120mm fans in there already. any ideas would be great!

I would just get a chest freezer off craigslist and use your stc-1000 to control that. I'm in New Mexico and had the same problems with heat. Got a freezer off craigslist for $60.00 (saw one on there today for $10.00:mad:) It's working great and keeps it at a nice 68 degrees.

I think my weakest link is my door. I'm thinking about redoing it and creating a hatch on the top. May help out

Latest posts

Back