Hello from Boston!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McTecnica

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm a newbie from Boston. I've been playing around with a Mr. Beer kit that my wife got me a few years ago which I've made some decent beer with. I feel that I'm ready to upgrade to a better brewing system and turn this into a serious hobby. Hence why I searched out a forum to hopefully gain a wealth of advice and knowledge. :mug:

Welcome from another semi-newbie. Been searching on here for help,advice and ideas and its awesome. Good luck.

Hence why I searched out a forum to hopefully gain a wealth of advice and knowledge. :mug:

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany... but there is no better resource for all things brewing than HBT... there is more information stored in these databases than the Library of Congress. Not joking.

Just remember that there are an endless number of paths you can take to make beer, and pretty much all of them are discussed here. The trick for you (and any other brewer, newbie or experienced) is to find the path that's right for you, that you are comfortable with and makes the best beer for you.

Welcome aboard, from a fellow New Englander. :mug:

Hi to all fellow brewers.

I'm a South African currently working in Ghana, needless to say there is no home brew shops here, so I have to bring in from SA when I go home for a break.
I'm looking for some alternatives that I can source locally. There's lots of cassava and plantain around to use as adjuncts. My setup is very basic, with an aluminium pot, bucket fermenter and an insulated water cooler as mash tun.
I will be asking lots of questions and giving feedback as I go along.
Happy brewing.

Finally upgraded to the 5 gallon system. Made some pretty bad mistakes last night. The airlock was bubbling like crazy when I woke up this morning so I hope it turns out okay. For it being my first batch with the 5 gallon system as long as it's drinkable I'll be happy.

Back