El Paso Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gornick54

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to be moving to El Paso late summer or early fall. I am wondering what the homebrew/beer culture is like? Is there a club? Any information would be awesome.

there is not much of a homebrewing scene in el paso dude sorry , we have places like the hoppy monk which is a pub its ok they serve a lot of different craft beer ... beer stores like specs and primos sell craft beer .............. and for homebrewing supplies it sucks you have to go online and order from Austin or if you want I have recently heard theres a homebrewing supplies up in Las Cruces NM called Coyote ... Las Cruces by the way is about 45 min. drive

Thanks for the information, looks like I will be using Austin or Northern Brewer. A second question could you pass along any information about El Paso like were to find good apartments, where to avoid (besides Mexico), ect? Once again any information is appreciated.
-:mug:Prost

I am here in EP. I drive out to Coyotes everyone in a while for grain. I heard Primo's sells grain. Can anyone verify that?

I am here in EP. I drive out to Coyotes everyone in a while for grain. I heard Primo's sells grain. Can anyone verify that?

Primos is no longer open. They closed down a couple weeks ago..

After I factor in the cost of gas, it's just not worth going to Coyote to me. For that reason I get everything from Austin, Northern Brewer, and Fiftypoundsack.com

That sucks. I know coyote gives a military discount, so that comes in a bit handy.

Any update to this thread? I managed to find, http://www.elpasohomebrewing.com/

Any hopes of setting up a bulk grain buy with a local brewery?

I'm headed to el paso in Feb, been brewing for four years looking to get involved with local brewers.

Any update to this thread? I managed to find, http://www.elpasohomebrewing.com/

Any hopes of setting up a bulk grain buy with a local brewery?

I'm headed to el paso in Feb, been brewing for four years looking to get involved with local brewers.

There are no bulk grain buy opportunities here, unfortunately, but the link you posted is a great store. They can usually accommodate your needs with what they have or by ordering stuff for you.

You may be able to get a good price at reliance outdoor supply. I recently discovered them and they carry brewing goods.

You may be able to get a good price at reliance outdoor supply. I recently discovered them and they carry brewing goods.

They are priced about the same as EP Homebrew. They have a lot less merchandise. Still a good option for some stuff, though.

Back