Ice Ice Baby - yes, for serious

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalFet

/bɪər nɜrd/
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay.

So here's the thing. The universe has somehow conspired to make the lyrics to Vanilla Ice's 1990 hit "Ice Ice Baby" important to my professional life. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

The trouble is, I can't figure out one of the lyrics. Specifically:

Jumped in my car / Slammed on the gas
Bumper to bumper / The avenue's packed
Tried to get away before the jackers jack
Police on the scene / You know what I mean
They passed me up / ??????????????????????

I know better than to ask for serious replies only, but I'd be much obliged if at least some of the replies could actually try to decipher the lyric. I've checked lyrics websites on the web, but they're a mess. I've seen at least five or six different possibilities.

:mug:

"Confronted all the dope fiends" is what I've always thought...

Meaning the cops went after the gangsta, black, drug dealers; and not the white Vanilla Ice, even though he grabbed his 9 when he heard all the shells, falling, on the concrete real fast; right before he jumped in the car.

:eek:

Police on the scene, You know what I mean
They passed me up, confronted all the dope fiends
If there was a problem, You, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Now I'm going to go cleanse my brain with David Bowie & Freddie Mercury.

Wow, the song came on the radio shortly after seeing this post. Are you some kind of wizard? If so, how long have you been a wizard and where is your demon?

Police on the scene, You know what I mean
They passed me up, confronted all the dope fiends
If there was a problem, You, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Now I'm going to go cleanse my brain with David Bowie & Freddie Mercury.

No denying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ice-ice-baby.jpg

Thanks folks!

I went with "Confronted all the dope fiends", and nobody objected. It seems unlikely that they would have in any case, given the context and audience, but I'm glad I've got HBT to back me up on all my 90s trivia needs!

:mug:

Back