What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopslam. Im really starting to notice the honey now- since a few months in the fridge.Lets see how my last one does a year in the fridge.Id be interested in how it cellars also. Probably, just OK. Ageing it in the fridge a few months doesnt exactly make it better really-but its kinda a complete new beast now. So why would I age it? Because I can,and is still barley wine strength but agree probably with most they are better just released-(when they have good batches of it). Not exactly a big fan of it either,but do love gettting a sixer of it every year,maybe 12 if its good. Plus its still a good beer to drink anywho.

Just got home from work and going to beat nuzzle to one lol

ForumRunner_20130416_192904.jpg

More of my HopSMAC DIPA.
And a bottle of something for NIZZLE in the background.

Oh good they still had them there

I'm sure it is awesome :)

Mmm... So good lol. I had this bottle since its release. I actually never had it before. I had the whiskey rodeo and that was amazing!

DisturbdChemist said:
Just got home from work and going to beat nuzzle to one lol

I'm interested to know how it is. It's from Jester King so I'm sure it's awesome.
It has other coffee in it besides the "poop coffee" so I'm assuming it tastes like a coffee imperial stout.

dirtybasementbrew said:
What is that delicious looking pint we are salivating over?

It's just an extract brown ale. I steeped some two row and added brown sugar to the recipe I was given.

I'm interested to know how it is. It's from Jester King so I'm sure it's awesome.
It has other coffee in it besides the "poop coffee" so I'm assuming it tastes like a coffee imperial stout.

With chili peppers... It has a slight spice to it but that might be the buffalo strips... You should pick another one up for yourself. I'm sure they will sit there for a while.

Straight H2O.. The good stuff.

Filtered,unfiltered? Water report? Is it clear? I like citrus in mine-lemon/lime sometimes powedered wheatgrass or aloe juice,myself. Even put a tblsp of cayenne powder in it the other night. I binge on that stuff all day.

DisturbdChemist said:
With chili peppers... It has a slight spice to it but that might be the buffalo strips... You should pick another one up for yourself. I'm sure they will sit there for a while.

That's right. I forgot it included chipotles.
I might pick one up for myself. I'm undecided.

xMalachi said:
I'm living on the wild side tonight.. unfiltered. Hope I don't get a stomach ache from it! The mouth feel is just wonderful. Taste on the other hand is kind of lacking. I must say it is very sessionable.

You're not drinking one of these are you?

image-260285769.jpg
I could swear your description is spot on.

I'm living on the wild side tonight.. unfiltered. Hope I don't get a stomach ache from it! The mouth feel is just wonderful. Taste on the other hand is kind of lacking. I must say it is very sessionable.

Maybe you could make some hops-tea. Then sweeten it with barley malt syrup?:) Keep it to 100F and add some yeast? Then drink After such and such hours. Maybe, not.

Billy-Klubb said:
nice! it looks great! is there anything you'd do different in the next batch?

Maybe do the LME as a late boil edition and control Fermentation temp a little better.

Gravity sample from my Huma Tropic Pineapple DIPA tastin really good so far the pineapple plays really well with the hops. Just dropped in some Columbus to dry hop before bottling next week.

ForumRunner_20130416_211626.jpg

Gravity sample of my Critical Mass Imperial Red. It's slowly creeping down in gravity and I think it's about done. It was 1.023 a week and a half ago, 1.022 a week ago and 1.020 today. At 10.5% it's a little lower in alcohol than BeerSmith predicted, but it's still sure to pack a punch. Not very boozy at all either, so that's good. One of the advantages of a long, clean fermentation.

20130416_205539.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Nice. Congrats!

NIZZLE said:
Happy anniversary buddy!
Thanks guys!
Our anniversary is actually tomorrow, but we decided to open some of our gifts to each other tonight.
She's been putting up with me for nine years so far.

I've been drinking my Wookey Jack Clone, thanks to skeezerpleezer's thread. It's really good!

Back