Substitute for brew enhancer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skitch

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm preparing to make a Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit which calls for brew enhancer 2 ( which i forgot to buy).

I do have 1kg of plain light malt extract (spray-malt) and a bucket of dextrose. I'm having a hard time determining how i can use these as a substitute for BE2 - specifically the ratio of the sugar to DME.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm preparing to make a Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit which calls for brew enhancer 2 ( which i forgot to buy).

I do have 1kg of plain light malt extract (spray-malt) and a bucket of dextrose. I'm having a hard time determining how i can use these as a substitute for BE2 - specifically the ratio of the sugar to DME.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just use your lme. The sugar in the brew enhancer just increases the abv and the malto only adds to the body. Just substituting lme for it should give you a close enough end result. Sub them for equal parts lme to brewenhancer

Cooper's Brew Enhancer 2 is a mixture of dextrose,maltodextrin,& light DME. You could just use a mix of dextrose & light DME you have to get close.
I forget the amounts exactly,but it's like 60% dextrose,20% maltodextrin,& 20% light DME. I'd just mix dextrose & light DME 50/50. It'll turn out a tad more malty that way.

I made up the Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit with a 1kg Munton's Beer Kit Enhancer (half DME, half detrose) + another 200 grams of dextrose. This works out to 500g DME, 700g dextose (and if you recognize that as the combination Craig from Craigtube uses in a lot of his beers then you watch the some of the same youtube videos I do). It turned out pretty good.

Having said that I prefer the Canadian Blonde Kit (with the same DME/dextrose addition) over the Mexican Cerveza Kit. That's right, I show my Canadian patriotism by favoring one Australian beer kit over another.

DaNewf said:
I made up the Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit with a 1kg Munton's Beer Kit Enhancer (half DME, half detrose) + another 200 grams of dextrose. This works out to 500g DME, 700g dextose (and if you recognize that as the combination Craig from Craigtube uses in a lot of his beers then you watch the some of the same youtube videos I do). It turned out pretty good.

Having said that I prefer the Canadian Blonde Kit (with the same DME/dextrose addition) over the Mexican Cerveza Kit. That's right, I show my Canadian patriotism by favoring one Australian beer kit over another.

This is what i do too.

Awesome - thanks for all of the advice! Looks like i have a few combinations to try :)

Back