Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcj2

Reaction score
As I grow closer to building my kegerator I'm super excited and was wondering if anybody has any advice for preparing for the kegerator build. Any recommendations on what to use to drill for the taps? Also what size drill bit or hole saw will I need? Thanks guys

What style kegerator are you planning to build? I did the Sanyo conversion back when and I really like it but if I had it to do over, I would have done a chest freezer conversion so I could have more than two taps.

I did one with a frigidaire 4.4 cubic foot mini fridge I'm working on getting it ready for two kegs I only have one hooked up right now. Any suggestions on how to keep the faucets colder so there is less foam in my beers?

You can rig up a tower cooling fan. If you search the site I'm sure you will find plenty of homebrewed solutions. The faucet cools plenty for me after pouring about half a beer but my house never really get's hot. I found it was more about beverage line length. I used one of the beverage line calculators and it came in at 6' of line but I have had much better luck with 8' plus.

The taps don't really get that warm and don't end up with much foam really was kinda worried about nothing but i guess its a valid excuse to worry about heat when you live in florida.

Back