Apple Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtyler8140

Reaction score
My buddy recently gave me a Shocktop Honeycrisp Apple Wheat and I really liked it. I believe the label said it was a mix of Belgium Wheat and Hard Cider. I would like to brew something similar but not quite sure how to approach it. I had a bottle of cider I brewed a while back and I mixed it 1/2 and 1/2 with a belgium wheat from the store. I really enjoyed that mix. My question is, should I brew a Blue Moon/Shocktop clone and mix it with a batch of cider? If so, how do I go about bottling? I generally back sweeten my cider and then pasteurize after a few days. If I back sweeten the cider then mix it with the wheat I think I will end up with bottle bombs. Is it possible to mix the two and get them to carb properly in the same bottle? If not should I just look at brewing a Belgium Wheat and adding lots of sliced apple to the primary? Thanks in advance and sorry for the confusing post.

Back