Washington State Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTate37

Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations for good beers out of Washington, or beers that should be easy to get in Washington? I'm in Alabama and picked up a record at a concert for a guy and was thinking about trading for some beer instead of taking cash.

I know Yakima, Pyramid and Redhook are up there, but I don't know any of their beers. Is there anything that is going to knock my socks off? Keep in mind I was just in San Diego and had a growler of Stone Enjoy By a well as Pliny for the first time.

Would love to get done good recommendations.

Thanks!

on the east side of the state

river city brewing (formerly Coeur d’Alene Brewing), probably the easiest to get out of state.
No-Li brewing
Native ales
Northern Lights Brewing Co

they are all more balanced than Stone and RR Pliny though

I wouldn't suggest any of pyramid's beers, they're just not that great. Snowcap is pretty good but that's a winter seasonal. We have a lot of good draft only beer, Manny's pale, Mack n Jacks amber. Fremont brewery makes a good IPA but its kinda hard to find. We have Scuttlebutt brewery, and Skookum brewery in arlington, they make a good double IPA. That's just part of western Washington.

Just some that come to mind.

Also Diamond Knot is up here in Mukilteo, they make some good rated beers.

Are these beer being shipped back to you or are you coming here. And if being shipped, where is your person doing the shipping located ?
There are several Oregon beers available in Washington.
Ice harbor beer is local to me in the tri-cities, they bottle and have a few good beers.
Iron horse in ellensburg bottles. Irish Death may be their best beer.
You said red hook, I like their pilsner, esb, and ipa.
Mac and Jacks is good, but they don't bottle.
Not a big fan of pyramid.
Elysian has some good ones.
Hale's ales, they have a good Kolsch.
Laurelwood is in both WA and OR, but I think production happens in OR.
Oregon beers we get include, but not limited to, rogue, widmer brothers, deschutes, full sail,
bridge port, ninkasi, and hopworks.
We also get kona brewing from Hawaii.

Thanks for the input. Beers will be shipped to me from Bellingham, WA.

So far it looks like I'll ask for some Ninkasi & Hopworks IPAs and Deschutes Black Butte.

Anything that I shouldn't miss from that region?

I think deschutes mirror pond is the best bottled pale ale around, sorry Sierra Nevada.
Most of the good WA beers I like are to not packaged, only in tap.
I'll think about it some more.

is your friend on the east or west side of Washington?

on the west side i would suggest Black Raven Brewing - Wisdom Seeker IIPA. best IIPA i've ever had (and i've had all of the obviously great ones).

is your friend on the east or west side of Washington?

on the west side i would suggest Black Raven Brewing - Wisdom Seeker IIPA. best IIPA i've ever had (and i've had all of the obviously great ones).

Northwest...pretty close to Vancouver. I haven't heard of the Wisdom Seeker. Will have to look it up.

Elysian makes good stuff. Great Jasmine IPA.
Elysian makes some great stuff. Get a bottle of Men's Room Red for the label alone, and I love their Dragonstooth Stout.

I don't know if the guy can pick up a bottle of the Deschutes/Rogue/North Coast collaboration Barley Wine, but get him to try.

Other than that, Ace of Spades from Hopworks. Ninkasi's Tricerahops (don't let him skimp and just get you the Total Domination), and the Oatis oatmeal stout is really good too. Love Black Butte Porter, but prefer the Obsidian Stout from Deschutes.

rossi46 said:
I think deschutes mirror pond is the best bottled pale ale around, sorry Sierra Nevada.
Most of the good WA beers I like are to not packaged, only in tap.
I'll think about it some more.

Ill challenge that. Paradise Creek Brewery's Northwest Pale ale. Not only the best pale ale I've had but the best beer I've ever had. It took me months to clone it and a guess on the yeast but I did it. Now I have it on tap at all times

Bellingham? Boundary Bay, Elysian, Hales, Georgetown, Silver City, Fremont, Sound Brewing, Iron Horse, all from WA and available in bottles. From Oregon, Deschutes, Rogue, Pelican, So many. Stay away from Widmer, Pyramid IMHO. Full Sail is OK.

Redhook and Pyramid are horrible representations and not worth the time. Wisdom Seeker from Black Raven is awesome, but BR barely bottles. Fremont is a great brewery and their Interurban IPA is available and delicious. Ninkasi is good and available statewide, even though they're in OR. The trouble is, there are quite a few spectacular breweries here, but most dont bottle.

If your supplier can get it, anything from Silver City Brewing in Bremerton. Their Fat Scotch Ale is an 8 time North American Beer Award Medal winner with 6 of those being gold. And it also took Silver in 2006 at the World Beer Cup.

You also have to try the Men's Room Red from Elysian Brewing. (Now Available in 6 pack!)

Howiedw said:
If your supplier can get it, anything from Silver City Brewing in Bremerton. Their Fat Scotch Ale is an 8 time North American Beer Award Medal winner with 6 of those being gold. And it also took Silver in 2006 at the World Beer Cup.

You also have to try the Men's Room Red from Elysian Brewing. (Now Available in 6 pack!)

Haha, you are obviously a follower of the show! :)

Definitely try to make it to Silver City. My cousin knew the taproom manager last time I was in the area and they are a bunch of good guys who make some great beer.

Latest posts

Back