Blichmann Brewmometers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdjshaw

Reaction score
Recently purchased three Blichmann Boilermakers and am super stoked on these overall; however, there is one thing I noticed while getting my system dialed in: when you tilt your Brewmometer the temp changes about 2 degrees. Not a big deal to re-calibrate but just something for those of you that have Boilermakers to take note of.

did you experience a persistent change, or temporary change?

The instructions I received with my Blichmann indicated that repositioning the brewmometer would result in a temporary 1-2 degree change.

did you experience a persistent change, or temporary change?

The instructions I received with my Blichmann indicated that repositioning the brewmometer would result in a temporary 1-2 degree change.

I didn't notice this, or forgot right away, when I initially read through the instructions but I did go back and sure enough it's right there.

I tilted my thermos and noticed they changed about two degrees so I immediately readjusted them, they've been spot on since so not sure if that could be considered temporary. Seems like they'd still be off 2 degrees if I hadn't immediately readjusted them.?.?

When I set up my Blingmann kettles I adjusted the Brewmometer faces upwards about 10° - and as warned in the destructions the needles clearly moved as I moved the faces. I recalibrated the BK for 212°F at boiling (we're like 200ft ASL) and the HLT for 160°F, and in three years since they're still dead on as compared to my trusty Thermapen.

So I disagree with the "temporary" thing. It's definitely a persistent change...

Cheers!

Three! Three! Wow.

Jealous. I have one Boilermaker / Burner for my mashing, still saving for the Brew Kettle / burner.

It is awesome, incredibly functional, and gorgeous too.

I like the brewmometer, but the sight glass is the feature that I have fallen in love with, didn't expect that.

Once I get my 20G brewpot, moving up to 10G batches.

Back