Cheapest site to order hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyhamer

Reaction score
I only need 9 grams of cascade and 9 of centennial for a recipe. I can't justify ordering 2 ounces of hops I'll rarely use. Can anyone recommend a cheap site or care to sell some hops? Thanks

I only need 9 grams of cascade and 9 of centennial for a recipe. I can't justify ordering 2 ounces of hops I'll rarely use. Can anyone recommend a cheap site or care to sell some hops? Thanks

9 grams? That's almost a "don't bother" amount, depending on the recipe! :D

What I would do is order 1 ounce of the same type, and sub one of them for the same variety instead of getting two types. Do you have .6 ounces of any other hops you could use instead?

Those are common hops used in a lot of brews. Why not sub centennial for the cascades?

Honestly, you can use whatever you have on-hand for bittering and it won't make much difference. You only really need to be particular when it comes to the flavor and aroma additions.

The recipe calls for both but I'll probably just use the centennial unless I get to the LHBS before the fermenter is ready.

I wouldn't order that small of an amount unless I was getting some other stuff as well. Just doesn't seem cost efficient.

I wouldn't order that small of an amount unless I was getting some other stuff as well. Just doesn't seem cost efficient.

Pretty much. I posted on the LHBS Nepenthe Homebrew facebook(they dont have an online store yet) and asked if they could just mail out a 1 ounce pack of each if I add a few bucks for shipping. It's easier than going to the other side of Baltimore for them.

Back