CO2 setup for new keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdelillo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reading posts about different CO2 setups in keezers for the last hour or two and I'm still torn. I have a 7.0 cu ft chest freezer that can fit 4 corny kegs with a collar. I currently have a 20# CO2 tank and a dual gauge (single pressure) primary regulator. I'd like to have at least two different pressures, ideally three or four (1 or 2 for serving, one for force carbing, one for filling bottles/growlers). From what I understand, I can do one of two things:

1. Buy a new dual-pressure primary regulator, a 4-port manifold, and a 2-port manifold. This is cheaper, but only allows me a single serving pressure for all my kegs if I am force carbing.
2. Buy a 4-body secondary regulator. It's pretty expensive, but allows me to control the pressure for each keg individually.

In both cases, the CO2 tank and primary regulator would be outside my keezer and the gas line(s) would go through the collar to the manifold/regulator. Aside from cost, are there any downsides to option 2?

Back