Can an auto-siphon and a chiller linked together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am wondering if an auto-siphon and a chiller can be hooked together? I am asking...because the diameters are different. Wont that cause problem...like stop the flow...or something?

Elysium said:
I am wondering if an auto-siphon and a chiller can be hooked together? I am asking...because the diameters are different. Wont that cause problem...like stop the flow...or something?

What type of chiller are you trying to connect to?

Siphoning boiling liquids with an auto siphon makes the auto siphon useless, but an interesting piece of partially melted plastic, almost art like. Years ago I had the bright idea to sanitize one with boiling water, never did that again.

Siphoning boiling liquids with an auto siphon makes the auto siphon useless, but an interesting piece of partially melted plastic, almost art like. Years ago I had the bright idea to sanitize one with boiling water, never did that again.

Yeah... I... uh... tried something similar. <shuffles off in embarassment>

tried to siphon near-boiling water like an idiot, and it warped my siphon pretty badly. Do you think plastic leeched into the beer? Will the flavor be compromised?

Years ago I had the bright idea to sanitize one with boiling water, never did that again.

Haha! I never did this but I totally destroyed a plastic test tube taking boiling liquid before the 60 minute hop addition to get the preboil gravity reading I forgot to take earlier.

Back