What extract flavoring brands do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrisby

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of recipes that call for flavorings, but other than Loranns watermelon, I haven't found a flavoring that doesn't negatively impact the final beer.

I know there a lot of commercial breweries that use flavorings in their recipe but never are made public. (I'm looking at you Southern Tier Choklat!)

So what brands and quantities have you had success with?

Well I see that you have been looking for a reply. Just to let you know it is being seen I will reply with: I have never used any so I have had no success with any. I don't like most flavored beers. I can't even stand it when they stick a lime wedge or an orange slice in my beer. (not that I drink those any more...)

I just figure someone has a brand they like. Lots of recipes on HBT list extract. If its listed, then it must be a tried and true recipe, so they must like their brand. I just never found a brand that had a good result. Just looking for others successes.

I just figure someone has a brand they like. Lots of recipes on HBT list extract. If its listed, then it must be a tried and true recipe, so they must like their brand. I just never found a brand that had a good result. Just looking for others successes.

I've never found any extract that tasted good, and I've not really seen any "tried and true" recipes that did it sucessfully- but I don't know of all the recipes on the forum of course!

I've experimented recently with Liquor Quik's Amaretto and Orange Liquor - a couple of drops in different bottles. Found they added the slightest of aroma at most. Didn't add to the flavor in fact I'd say the Amaretto seemed to accentuate the bitterness a bit. I'd say I've been disappointed with their effects.

Back