What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a couple hours putting the kid's trampoline together in the backyard this afternoon. Daughter (6 years old) is pretty stoked, she loves that thing. To be honest, last year, I enjoyed it myself every now and then. Nothing planned for tomorrow yet.

Putting the engine back in the bus.
But day dreaming about the new fermentor connections.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

TNGabe said:
I only run so I can drink more beer. ;)

That's usually my mantra as well. I do try to take some time off for detox before longer races though.

Luckily there is a LHBS near my parents house so I was able to pick up the grain bill and yeast for my Bender clone yesterday.

Sadly I have to go to work for a bit today. Although, the day is made a bit better because sunday's we make bbq to share with my co-workers. Now only if I can sneak some beer in....haha

We had to do some yard work yesterday. Raking out th leaves,branches,etc from the front gardens. Gotta weed them yet to get ready for mulching. Not to mention,get someone to cut the grass till we can fix ours. It's raining on & off today,so gotta hold off.

I have to work today till 4pm and then i'm going to a homebrew fest to enjoy for the rest of the evening.

Finished the garage roof ahead of schedule, yesterday. Today is clean up and maybe a vineyard. I have 2 brews that need to be bottled this weekend.

Sulking a little. My brewday stuff got held up,the garage that worked on my car didn't get it fixed completely,money is gone. Gee thanks to the auto club for charging the tow to my account. Now I can'y buy the EGR valve I need.
At least I got some home brew. Darn lawnmower broke too.

Left work all stoked to buy ingredients and do an outside brew. Stopped at home for lunch before going to the LHBS and the wife was doing yard work, the grass was long, and she had bought paint with plans to paint our shed.

Decided it would be an arsehole move to head out to the store so I mowed the lawn and started prepping the shed for painting.

Sometimes being a grownup sucks.

Hosting the Homebrew Club meeting tonight at my house. Made homemade hot dog chili, cap'n crunch/booberry cookies, homemade mozzarella sticks with mozzarella I'm making fresh, and vegan potato salad. Also breaking out my steam beer and robust porter for people to try tonight. Yayah! Not brewing, but enjoying the company of other SE Ohio brewers tonight.

mowing my lawn (I love it), barbecuing, playing MLB 2013: The Show, and golfing. Currently enjoying Sam Adams Summer Ale (my fave). Plan on cloning it next year. I will admit that somewhere in there, I'm going to be bottling my pilsner.

Left work all stoked to buy ingredients and do an outside brew. Stopped at home for lunch before going to the LHBS and the wife was doing yard work, the grass was long, and she had bought paint with plans to paint our shed.

Decided it would be an arsehole move to head out to the store so I mowed the lawn and started prepping the shed for painting.

Sometimes being a grownup sucks.

Aye.

Wife (nurse) is working 3 night shifts this weekend so I'm babysitt... I mean I'm looking after the kids.

Installing and wiring in a spa panel. Drilling holes in a keggle for fittings and installing the temp sensor, ball valve and sight glass. Enlarging the top hole in said keggle.

Getting ready to bring the single vessel E-BIAB rig online.:ban:

Serving 15 gallons of delicious homebrew at the local homebrew festival... Along with 12 other guys... for 120 people.

Going to the doctor for allergies gone terribly wrong... I'm really hoping he tells me that home brews are good for respiratory and sinus infections.

The only flavors I can taste are salty, hoppy and ethanol. Peanuts and a big IPA are in order.

Watching SEC college baseball, (UGA vs South Carolina) and drinking a St Paul porter...

image-352394699.jpg

Took an FG sample of my 3 week old Maori IPA,gotta knock off a point or two yet. Gotta clean a couple batches of newly emptied bottles. The grill up some serloin tip steaks & taters for mother's day.

Getting gravity on my bourbon barrel porter. Had to set up temperature control on my heady toppy yeast harvest first step. Did 2 hours of yard work. Drinking my All Day Pale Ale now (it's 4.8% ABV). Had enough higher ABV beers last night.

Chargin what's left of my battery for a couple hours in hopes it'll be enough to start & go get a new one. Damn car is eatin up some serious coin lately. Guess it's just that time again. Hoping I can scrape up enough change for A large bag of ice & 6 gallons of spring water to brew my PM Berlin Wheat kit. Sounded good for $24,so I thought I'd try it.

Back