GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monty Python "Holy Grail" funny, funny. My 2 cents

Right on brother. That said.......the "british humor" total de-rail was justified, but is getting old. I think the nay-sayers are entitled to their completely wrong opinion, but have been shouted down.

That said, Search for the Holy Grail is NOT on Netflix.:(

Anyways, without British "Comedy" we would have no All in the Family, no Sandford and Son, no The Office, no "Whatever you call that show with one guy living with two girls and a landlord........

Yeah.......see above (or below...whatever) British, Canadian, USA, pakistan, I don't give a F*CK.

It is the fool generalizing about any country that is missing out.

That said.......(Also also wik) The Office is on Netflix but none of that other stuff.

Right on brother. That said.......the "british humor" total de-rail was justified, but is getting old. I think the nay-sayers are entitled to their completely wrong opinion, but have been shouted down.

That said, Search for the Holy Grail is NOT on Netflix.:(

Because of your strong opinion, even though it's wrong, I gave The Meaning Of Life a shot. Had to turn it off 12 minutes in. It's just stupid...

HoppyDaze said:
Because of your strong opinion, even though it's wrong, I gave The Meaning Of Life a shot. Had to turn it off 12 minutes in. It's just stupid...

I'm not much for empathy, but I feel sorry for you.

HIM_Tattoos said:
Also check out Red State, Trollhunter, Fido, Rubber.
Saw Red State the other night - fine work from Kevin Smith

Since we're going down that road, I'd throw 'Hobo With A Shotgun' into the mix.

It is old. I fully understand that some things age well, some don't. Actually the meaning of life and Life of Brian are clever but boring.

Holy Grail is fantastic.

Rest assured that anything that old moves slowly. In this day of constant attention from our smartphones, non stop BS from modern movies, etc. we need more to fill our short attention spans.

Turn your Iphone and your TV off for a FULL WEEK (I know you have no prayer of accomplishing this feat) then watch Holy Grail.

Cheers...

It is old. I fully understand that some things age well, some don't. Actually the meaning of life and Life of Brian are clever but boring.

Holy Grail is fantastic.

Rest assured that anything that old moves slowly. In this day of constant attention from our smartphones, non stop BS from modern movies, etc. we need more to fill our short attention spans.

Turn your Iphone and your TV off for a FULL WEEK (I know you have no prayer of accomplishing this feat) then watch Holy Grail.

Cheers...

Holy Grail is pretty solid...I just don't like as much as some. And...I do have my iPhone and TV off for long stretches because I'm in the woods pretty often hunting, fishing...and dumping dead hookers.

Holy Grail is pretty solid...I just don't like as much as some. And...I do have my iPhone and TV off for long stretches because I'm in the woods pretty often hunting, fishing...and dumping dead hookers.

Well played! I knew I liked you.;)

There is proof in the age thing. My girl LOVEd the old pink panther movies, but tried to watch one recently. Nothing doing.

For me, remembering the lines and how I felt long ago watching it, keeps the Grail fresh for me.

My kids would probably hate it.

Well, I honestly don't use a cell phone, although I do keep it in the car for emergencies..really. I guess that's why I love the Holy Grail, and the Pink Panther series, he was one funny guy his comedic timing was awesome. I did read one time that Peter Sellers was a prick in real life. I guess it is the artist thing

I guess I'll bring up "Little Britain" and "The Catherine Tate show" both of which are funny but British.. they even released a Little Britain USA so I guess some Americans thought it was funny.. :mug:

The bit that Liam Neeson did on Life's Too Short is one of the funniest scenes I've ever watched. Unfortunately not on Netflix, though it is on youtube:

Last edited by a moderator:
Futurama makes Ren and Stimpy look like moronic apes animated an obscene comic they found in their grandpas underwear drawer.

That's probably the reason I like it.

Futurama makes Ren and Stimpy look like moronic apes animated an obscene comic they found in their grandpas underwear drawer.

That's probably the reason I like it.

Well put!

Archer and Venture brothers make Ren and Stimpy look like a grotesque (up close) tiny pre-"racist taco bell commercials" chihuahua and a giant moronic cat who do silly disgusting things and wallow in filth, making potty jokes.

BEST CARTOON EVER.

My kids LOVE it.

Cartoons? Ah yes! Fritz the Cat is on Netflix. :)

I watched Tucker and Dale yesterday, good slapstick!! Not the classic I was expecting from the reviews on here though.....Still, very enjoyable all the same. :)

Cartoons? Ah yes! Fritz the Cat is on Netflix. :)

I watched Tucker and Dale yesterday, good slapstick!! Not the classic I was expecting from the reviews on here though.....Still, very enjoyable all the same. :)

THIS from a BRIT???????lol

Watched it last night as well! (new gf;))

The dialogue is insane. More quotable lines than any other movie EVER.

"Dale, when you see a half naked college girl prancing around in front of you, you do not call out my Name!!"

"Hey College Kids!"

"I shoulda known that if a guy like me talked to a girl like you someone would wind up dead"

"Well Howdy Doo Officer! It's been a doosie of a day! There we were minding our own business doing a few chores around the place, when college kids start killing themselves all over my property!"

"Nice cooler!"

That is just 40 seconds of typing off the top of my head. Google would produce you a list that would take more time to read than it would to just watch the movie again.

I HIGHLY recommend Jon Benjamin Has a Van. It was a one-season-only Comedy Central show that was canceled because the people running the network have no sense of humor.

If you like Archer, this is the guy that does Archer's voice, and he is hysterical!

I HIGHLY recommend Jon Benjamin Has a Van. It was a one-season-only Comedy Central show that was canceled because the people running the network have no sense of humor.

If you like Archer, this is the guy that does Archer's voice, and he is hysterical!

HOME MOVIES is thoroughly decent and features dude.

I love Archer, but if you missed it, I was backwardly saying that Ren and Stimpy was better than Archer and Venture bros.

Just because they are ugly and disgusting doesn't mean it sucks! Far from it.

REN AND STIMPY CAN'T BE BEAT.

HOME MOVIES is thoroughly decent and features dude.

I love Archer, but if you missed it, I was backwardly saying that Ren and Stimpy was better than Archer and Venture bros.

Just because they are ugly and disgusting doesn't mean it sucks! Far from it.

REN AND STIMPY CAN'T BE BEAT.

Do they have to be? Can't we just all enjoy fine, quality programming? :p

THIS from a BRIT???????lol

Huh? What? I don't know what you mean?

Our cultures are different for sure, but don't get me wrong, American culture is awesome! Just not for the same reasons that Americans think it is awesome. ;)

For the record, I thought the best joke was the woman's transplanted finger. :D

Beavis and Butthead MIGHT be one that gives Ren & Stimpy a run for its money. Also, Ducktails. I'm not sure if that one is on Netflix though...

I still have my NES Ducktails cartridge. It was actually a pretty solid game.

Protip for Netflix: they've got what you're looking for to stream, but maybe just not in your country. If you sign up for a VPN service that allows you to connect to different parts of the world, then sign into Netflix, you will get a very nice selection that's radically different from what you're used to seeing. Signing into a UK server or a server in Sweden gives me some really choice programming not available for streaming in America - even though a LOT of the content is from America!

//This probably violates Netflix's terms of service. But I've been doing it for most of a year and nobody has said anything.

//This probably violates Netflix's terms of service. But I've been doing it for most of a year and nobody has said anything.

I don't think it does, I log into US netflix from here, not an issue.

They do allow you to travel with your account, so I presume they view it the same way as being in a hotel in the USA and let it ride.

I searched the thread and didn't see these mentioned... Ip Man and Ip Man 2. Both are English subtitled but were still easy to follow for me. Great martial arts action, excellent cinematography and really good story line. They're fictionalized stories of Ip Man... the guy ended up teaching Bruce Lee.

I searched the thread and didn't see these mentioned... Ip Man and Ip Man 2. Both are English subtitled but were still easy to follow for me. Great martial arts action, excellent cinematography and really good story line. They're fictionalized stories of Ip Man... the guy ended up teaching Bruce Lee.

Huh! Been mentioned, but resurfacing good ones is absolutely OK and even encouraged!

I started the first one and I could swear it was crappy dubbing (which I can't effing STAND. "We are the night" went from awesome in subs to cheezy crapola with stoopid dubbing:()

Thanks for the mention. Guess I need to check again!

I don't think it does, I log into US netflix from here, not an issue.

They do allow you to travel with your account, so I presume they view it the same way as being in a hotel in the USA and let it ride.

That's kind of what I figured too since I haven't been contacted. Very interesting that I can watch more (and newer) seasons of shows like Dexter from the UK server than I can from the US server. Copyright is a mess. :drunk:

Back