What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visiting a bro in Napa... Stopped at a beer store in SF on the way... The Bruery white oak looked interesting... Tried it and it was absolutely HORRIBLE... Tasted like I was chewing on wood chips... I bet after sitting for a year or so I could like it. Way overpowering.

image-4089507415.jpg

Just went fishing with my future father in law and we were drinking miller. About to share some of my HB IPA with him before heading home!

MrNickVT said:
I learn something new every day lol

When I was trying to come up with a name for this beer I decided to see what I could spell with the first letter of the hops I used so I decided on SMAC instead of SCAM. :)

BrewinHooligan said:
That sounds like an incredible combination!!! Now I'm pissed at all you guys cause I'm stuck at work drinking water for another 3 hours. :mad:

It's a great combination. I'm going to brew it again soon.

WesleyS said:
When I was trying to come up with a name for this beer I decided to see what I could spell with the first letter of the hops I used so I decided on SMAC instead of SCAM. :)

Good call

Ostomo517 said:
Brewery Vivant Zaison Imperial Saison. This ones gonna be a constant in my fridge this summer.
About to also harvest rice wine!

That Zaison from Vivant sounds awesome.
What are your plans for the rice wine? Are you going to flavor/back sweeten?

That Zaison from Vivant sounds awesome.
What are your plans for the rice wine? Are you going to flavor/back sweeten?

Its a great beer, they put peppercorns in primary and its got a good funk to it. As for the rice wine gonna do grapefruit and dry hop with Citra.

Ostomo517 said:
Its a great beer, they put peppercorns in primary and its got a good funk to it. As for the rice wine gonna do grapefruit and dry hop with Citra.

That's right. I remember you saying you were going to use grapefruit and Citra now. My memory sucks. Just ask my wife. ;)
The pineapple and coconut juice I used on my last batch is good, but needs more coconut. I think next time I'm going to just use straight coconut milk or coconut water.

NIZZLE said:
Anybody interested in dogfish head 120 minute ipa?

I'm about as interested in Dogfish Head as I am in Budweiser. ;)
I do have a 120 I got from a friend, but haven't tried it yet.

8 cups dry Thai Jasmine rice yielded 3/4 gallon of deliciousness!!! Nice twang and touch of sweetness glad I decided on the bigger batch, this stuff flies off of my fiancee and I's bar. Good convo starter and guests always love it. Now for the flavoring!

ForumRunner_20130426_182038.jpg

Been browsing HBT for the last few hours, and have been inspired to dig out one of my 9.5% Belgian Darks from the back of the cupboard, they've had almost 9 months conditioning now (which is unheard of for a beer I made!).

It's just chilling now. I'm hoping it's improved, I didn't much care for it when I last tried it at the start of February. I over-hopped it badly.

Back