All grain recipe online home brew store?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsme

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I've been buying from brewmasterswarehouse.com for a while now because I really like how you can save you're recipes online, flat rate shipping, and their brew builder, but sometimes I have difficulty finding the grains/hops I want.

Where do you guys like to buy your ingredients online?

Do you have a homebrew store within a 20 min drive? I dont buy grain online for the simple fact that shipping cost too much, I have bought hops in bulk and with someone else to cut down the shipping cost. Other than that I buy local.
Oh the hops were from austin homebrew.

I try to get as much as possible from LHBS but for specialty grains and hops my choices are in this order:
1. Rebelbrewer.com
2. Austin Homebrew Supply
3. Northern Brewer
3. Midwest Supplies

It's seems like I'm forgetting a couple of my go tos.

I don't live near a LHBS sadly, so I buy all of my ingredients from Austin Homebrew. Not only are they (relatively) close, but I also like the flat rate shipping, great service (in my experience), and fast order turnaround time. The prices are ok too, and selection is good.

Do you have a homebrew store within a 20 min drive? I dont buy grain online for the simple fact that shipping cost too much, I have bought hops in bulk and with someone else to cut down the shipping cost. Other than that I buy local.
Oh the hops were from austin homebrew.

Yes I visit my LHBS sometimes but I like it when things show up at my front door. I guess I'm lazy that way...or maybe it just amazon has made me this way.

My go-to vendor is Midwest....I don't have a good LHBS around here. I guess I go there because their product line is pretty comprehensive, and they've always given stellar service. I've used Northern Brewer a few times, and AHS once, and they were both fine too.

My go-to vendor is Midwest....I don't have a good LHBS around here. I guess I go there because their product line is pretty comprehensive, and they've always given stellar service. I've used Northern Brewer a few times, and AHS once, and they were both fine too.

I like midwest but I feel like they kill you on the shipping. I would definitely order from them more if they had a flat rate.

I like midwest but I feel like they kill you on the shipping. I would definitely order from them more if they had a flat rate.

The flat rates are disappearing all over, and I suggest that you compare your actual cost before going with a supplier. I went that route once, when Northern Brewer still had their flat rate. I put in exactly the same $200 order on both sites, and there was $8 difference....and you may take the $8 as proof that Midwest "kills you on the shipping," but.....Midwest had the cheaper total.

Back