Moving suuuucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_whit

Reaction score
At least I'm not moving far this time. Just a few blocks away The worst part is having to halt beer production. Anyone ever moved with full carboys?

I moved with a 3 gallon carboy of mead once. Wasn't a fan of that. Fortunately, like you, I didn't have to go far, just a few blocks.

I know its not the point but I am glad I am not the only one that wants to move a few blocks over! My wife thinks I am joking! inground pool, bigger brewing space. I think that all that matters... right?

Never had to move full carboy but I don't think it would be fun. Good Luck with it!

I moved with 10 gallons of stout and 5 of mead once, lost the lid to my keezer on the highway too.
+1 moving SUCKS!

I moved 8 glass carboy's 2 miles across town on my last home purchase. All were at the tail end of fermentation so all I did was take off the airlock shot a blast of co2 down the neck and put in a solid stopper which I taped into place with packaging tape. Wrapped each in a blanket and set them in the bed of the truck and strapped them in. They get a little shaken so they will release a healthy dose of c02 when you pull off the stopper and replace with clean airlocks. No detectable harm done that I noticed and the full carboys appreciated the roomy new digs.

I moved 8 glass carboy's 2 miles across town on my last home purchase. All were at the tail end of fermentation so all I did was take off the airlock shot a blast of co2 down the neck and put in a solid stopper which I taped into place with packaging tape. Wrapped each in a blanket and set them in the bed of the truck and strapped them in. They get a little shaken so they will release a healthy dose of c02 when you pull off the stopper and replace with clean airlocks. No detectable harm done that I noticed and the full carboys appreciated the roomy new digs.

smart

I fell and broke my nose last time I moved, next time im getting a moving company.
I wasnt a brewer then, never thought about moving fermenters and kegs.

Back