Blackberry Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vikings1228

Reaction score
I am attempting my first ever cider and I want to make a blackberry cider. Is there anybody out there that knows a good recipe? I plan on doing a 1 gallon batch with it. Thank you so much!

I am attempting my first ever cider and I want to make a blackberry cider. Is there anybody out there that knows a good recipe? I plan on doing a 1 gallon batch with it. Thank you so much!

I don't know what blackberry cider is, unless it's a lower alcohol fermented blackberry juice? I made blackberry wine whenever I can get enough blackberries, though. My recipe is posted (either in the link above under "recipes" or in my pull down under my avatar on the left) if you'd like to see how I do it.

I made a 1 gallon batch of black cherry apple cider. I used 1 gallon of apple juice with 32oz of 100% black cherry juice. I sampled it still the other day it taste amazing! I back sweetened with glycerin which smothed it out and gave it a bigger mouth feel. the ABV was 9.5 percent. Cant wait to try it carbonated.

I imagine if you use the same ratio with black berry juice it could be pretty good.

One thing to note though The black cherry juice even though I only added 32oz made my cider quit a bit more sour like citrus sour. Once the glycerin was added though the sour taste was gone and the true flavor really rang out. THis could be the same case with blackberry. It might make it more sour than regular cider.

I recently made a 2 gallon batch which consisted of 1 gallon of blackberry cider and 1 gallon of apple juice (from concentrate). The blackberry cider was not pure blackberry, apple juice was listed in the ingredients. I used Nottingham yeast and 1 1/2 cups of sugar. It came out quite well with a blackberry aftertaste.

Frank

Latest posts

Back