Wyeast3522 does not discriminate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
I made a Belgian IPA two weeks ago with this yeast and had a few hiccups on brew day.Pitched at an unwanted temp and maybe underpitched a little but I reaced my FG in two weeks with massive krausen.Just used it again Sunday on a Belgian pale ale and made a starter that required two packs acording to Mr.Malty(going off production date of FEB 1st).Less than eight hours after pitch I had krausen and now it is at high krausen.This yeast is very flexable when it comes to temps and does not stress a lot.This may just become my house yeast.Although I may go back to WLP550 for a Dubbel.

I just had a smackpack of this show up today. I'm using it for a Dubbel I'm brewing on Saturday. One thing I really like about it is how well it flocculates. You get a nice compacted cake at the bottom of the bottle and don't really have to worry about pouring too carefully.:ban:

Of course, the flavors it produces are nice too. I like the spicyness it gives.

I may do a another Dubbel and split batch using 3522 And 550.It is said that they are the same strain but I think 550 is more phenolic.

Just had a week old conditioned bottle of the BIPA Raging B!tch clone and it was fully carbed and above expectations!Damn I love AG.I also love Wyeast 3522.Must...not..drink...whole...batch:)

I've used that strain multiple times with great success under varied conditions. A true workhorse.

I just took a gravity reading on my Belgian Dubbel that I used this yeast on. It is down to 1.004 FG. That is the lowest FG I've ever had. This batch was brewed at a big brew day, and I was brewing on somebody else's rig. The mash temps were way low and it sat for a long time before I was able to mash out, because there wasn't a free kettle to transfer into. So, really long mash at really low temps (low 140s) along with a late sugar addition (2 days after fermentation started) made for a really dry beer.

The good news is that the gravity sample tasted awesome! :mug: I'll be looking forward to washing the yeast to keep for more batches in the future.

Back