Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just because you have "hoppy" in your name doesn't mean you should stop talking like him.

even if you are bashing the patriots.

falcons??!?!!? you wanna talk about......falcons!??!?!?!

just because you have "hoppy" in your name doesn't mean you should stop talking like him.

even if you are bashing the patriots.

falcons??!?!!? you wanna talk about......falcons!??!?!?!

I forget what team had the best record in the NFL last year? What team was a competent runnign game or defense away from going to the Super Bowl?

Last time I check almost didn't win games. Seahawks were also lucky the Falcons didn't have a running game. Much more so than the Niners.

Why lucky? 20pts 20 in a quarter and half. Thats outright suckage. I'm actually surprised the niners game was close with how crappy they play at home. Its to bad you'll be fighting for second in your division this year. Go bucs.

Why lucky? 20pts 20 in a quarter and half. Thats outright suckage. I'm actually surprised the niners game was close with how crappy they play at home. Its to bad you'll be fighting for second in your division this year. Go bucs.

Lucky because the Falcons could have just ran out the clock if they had someone other than Michael Turner. Or a competent defense. As long as the Falcons have Matt Ryan they have a great shot of winning it all.

BTW just so no one confuses what I'm saying, Geno Smith may never ever be anywhere near as good as Kaepernick, and I think going to the Jets is the worst thing for him.

My point is that it's humorous to say that Smith isn't in the same realm as Kaepernick athletically when he's right in there.

I agree. All I was saying that Kaep showed roughly equivalent results with less to work with. He also doesn't *seem* to buckle as easily under pressure as Smith. I suspect going to the Jets will be devastating to his career in the long run because the state of the Jets currently.

Wow.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Guys.... Pats are gonna rape your team. End of story

There is a better chance of this happening with a decent QB and mostly intact offense but tbh I don't expect "rape" is anywhere near appropriate. I think they'll make it to the playoffs comfortably but I'm not convinced they'll be the dominant AFC team (or even one of the top 2).

Pats are a college aged girl at the bar, Falcons are Ben Roethlisberger.

So the Pats are snobby and uptight and the Falcons are both dumb and rapists to boot? Hmmmm, I guess that sounds right.

I forget what team had the best record in the NFL last year? What team was a competent runnign game or defense away from going to the Super Bowl?
The best records were the Broncos and the Falcons but the Broncos were far more dominant and had closer to a competent running game to boot. The Pats were a defense away from being super bowl material last year. One might argue the same of the Packers. The Texans seemed competent most of the season and choked harder than Geno Smith against real competition...

Last time I check almost didn't win games. Seahawks were also lucky the Falcons didn't have a running game. Much more so than the Niners.
You're assuming a few things. You're assuming that had they had a more prolific running game they would have experienced the same results against the Seahawks which could very well be a fallacy. The same would be basically true against the 49ers but IMO, it would have played to the 49ers strengths rather weaknesses and it would have resulted in a more lopsided score. I say that because I believe one of the reasons they Falcons did as well as they did was the fast tempo they played at at first. Their problem was once the 49ers got their acts together and they'd have had more time to do so had the Falcons been trying to grind the ball (not to even consider whether they'd have been successful or not).

Or a competent defense. As long as the Falcons have Matt Ryan they'll need him to get over his tendency to choke spectacularly when the game really counts to have a great shot of winning it all.

There. I fixed that for you.

Additionally, many of us felt that game was HORRIFICALLY biased when it came to officiating and SF still had a very real chance to win at the end (the power outage appeared to help greatly). Would you consider Baltimore's defense to be Competent? I'd argue that the only thing Baltimore had was Defense and a QB that was playing like Dilfer did in 2000. IE, nothing spectacular but not making any mistakes either... Personally I felt Jacoby Jones deserved MVP although Boldin was a rock as well.

There. I fixed that for you.

Additionally, many of us felt that game was HORRIFICALLY biased when it came to officiating and SF still had a very real chance to win at the end (the power outage appeared to help greatly). Would you consider Baltimore's defense to be Competent? I'd argue that the only thing Baltimore had was Defense and a QB that was playing like Dilfer did in 2000. IE, nothing spectacular but not making any mistakes either... Personally I felt Jacoby Jones deserved MVP although Boldin was a rock as well.

I guess if Ryan choked than so did Kaepernick huh?

Baltimore's defense wasn't that good last year though they certainly we're clicking in the post season. Baltimore had a fantastic running game and a QB on a hot streak.

As far as the Niners/Ravens game, the ref was equally biased to both sides.

I guess if Ryan choked than so did Kaepernick huh?

Baltimore's defense wasn't that good last year though they certainly we're clicking in the post season. Baltimore had a fantastic running game and a QB on a hot streak.

As far as the Niners/Ravens game, the ref was equally biased to both sides.

I would agree with Kaep choking to some extent. His throws in the end zone could certainly have been better. Granted, it is a fairly legitimate argument that the WR being tackled before the ball got there eliminated any chance of it being caught. That said, that is the only call (or lack thereof) by the Refs that I agree with their stance somewhat on. Nevertheless, this is the first year in what, 5? that Ryan didn't flame out magnificiently choking. Just saying... A choke in your ~7th game... the Super Bowl... is a little different than Ryan's history and a season where he FINALLY won a playoff game by the skin of his beanbag. Tebow won his first attempt at a playoff game ffs. There pretty much is nothing more salty to rub in the wound that that.

Not really in agreement on the Flacco on a hotstreak point but I will give him that he was not making mistakes that gave the game away (IE the Dilfer comment). As for their running game... They ran for what, 60 yards with whatshisface? Maybe an additional 30 with scrambles and the backup total? I wouldn't call 60 yards stellar by any means.

As for the refs comment... I saw two calls that should have clearly been called against SF. They made all the rest of the calls. There were 7 (and arguably a few more in the end zone at the end) that should have went against Baltimore... INCLUDING one particular play in plain sight that the Receiver was drug down to the turf with the ball by his face mask. It was so horrifically blatant that you could see the kid's helmet yanked forward by his face mask. Then on the ensuing Baltimore drive they proceeded to call a less egregious one against the 49ers. Don't get me wrong... It was clearly penalty but it was dramatically less apparent than the one they ignored on the drive before. And again, I kind of agree with ignoring the suspect no-call in the end zone so I'm not counting that one. Also, there were only about a half dozen penalties actually called against the 49ers as opposed to 2? against Baltimore. You may recall, however, that on at least one of those (I can't remember the other) it wouldn't have mattered either way as they'd have gotten the first down. The penalty just gave them 3 more yards.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I declared the Ravens to be my pick to win the Super Bowl last year before a single regular season game was played (I'm not a Ravens fan though to be clear). My wife picked the 49ers because she is a 49er fan. As a result of our wager, I won s*x or b****obs every day for 6 weeks. In theory I should have been biased in favor of Baltimore as they did in all fairness extend me a colossal solid. That said, that game game was pretty much a travesty (and only exceeded in awfulness by the replacements in the GBvSEA game) and an emotional nonsensical blowfest in favor of Lewis... The evidence destroying "Innocent." And yes, whether you believe him a murderer or not, he has conceded to destroying evidence in his prior case which I personally have always felt fishy and I think most sane people would agree. The media had three darling super bowl stories for it... Rookie (ish) QB made good... Brother vs. Brother... And who can give Ray Lewis the most hea* because he's going to retire... /tear. Frankly I was shocked the game became as close as it ended and I can't help but think they used the time during the power outage to contact the refs and tell them to quit being so obvious. That's the cynic in me.

And pre-emptively, I'm leaning towards the Broncos for next year depending on how their defense looks in preseason. And while I'm hesitant to bash SF... I really am not in the mood to re-landscape. :mug:

Best pro football joke of the week:

"Mark Sanchez threw a going away party for Tim Tebow this morning but it was intercepted and ran back for a touchdown."

Cheers!

Not really in agreement on the Flacco on a hotstreak point but I will give him that he was not making mistakes that gave the game away (IE the Dilfer comment). As for their running game... They ran for what, 60 yards with whatshisface? Maybe an additional 30 with scrambles and the backup total? I wouldn't call 60 yards stellar by any means.

:

I"m ignoring the rest of the post cause there's no way that people will admit the refs were just letting the play go unless they already admit it.

Anyway, I'm talking about what the Ravens did well all year, and that was run the ball.

Ravens regular season rankings in DVOA (an efficiency rating weighted for skill of opponent)

Defense - 19th
Passing O - 15th
Rushing 0 - 7th

Ravens also had a great (and it certainly helped in that game) special teams, number 1 in efficiency.

That game was Flacco playing well above and beyond the call of Duty that propelled them to victory.

Seriously can't believe you're saying with a 66.7 Comp% and 8.7 Y/A that he was Trent Dilfering his way through the game. No he wasn't as dominant as Matt Ryan in his loss to the Niners (71.4 comp% and 9.4 Y/A) but guy was killing it, especially against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

For one the defenses were not very comparable. SF had a lot of coverage wholes exposed late in the season. When you consider it'd only take ~3 passes caught to align them for a team playing a good coverage defense and the fact difference (3) were dropped by Jamal Lewis who frankly wasn't very good catching the ball as opposed to Rice (he did at least break 100y rushing tho I believe), i'd call them pretty damn similar. Neither threw interceptions... Both took only what was there and let their defense do what they did best (at least til the end).

And Moto, why would I stfu? I thought the point was to be obnoxious? 90% of this thread is silly nonsense anyway from what i've seen.

For one the defenses were not very comparable. SF had a lot of coverage wholes exposed late in the season. When you consider it'd only take ~3 passes caught to align them for a team playing a good coverage defense and the fact difference (3) were dropped by Jamal Lewis who frankly wasn't very good catching the ball as opposed to Rice (he did at least break 100y rushing tho I believe), i'd call them pretty damn similar. Neither threw interceptions... Both took only what was there and let their defense do what they did best (at least til the end).

And Moto, why would I stfu? I thought the point was to be obnoxious? 90% of this thread is silly nonsense anyway from what i've seen.

Flacco threw for the 5th most yards against the Niners, other QBs to throw for more, Rodgers (regular season) Bradford (don't know what juju the Rams had over the Niners last year) Brady (elite) and Ryan (borderline elite) not bad company to be in. And the Niners late in the season held QBs like Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson to under 250 yards, but couldn't contain Flacco (and really Anquan Boldin who was fantastic that game)

And DIlfer against the GIants (who weren't a good defensive football team) had a 48% comp% and 6.1 Y/A. The Giants scored 7 points, al 7 coming off a kickoff, hands down that SB was won by the Ravens D. Niners averaged 10.8 Y/A passing and 6.3 Y/A Rushing, Slighlt yless passing yards let up than the Falcons did but almost a full yard per attempt more in rushing allowed. Ravens D was not the reason they won that game.

Yes, predominantly the Defense but also by the running game which kept NY off the field. Further, I think we have different definitions of quality defense. You'll get no argument out of me that Baltimore was amazing that year followed closely by Tennessee as I recall. However, I would maintain that NY was arguably in the top 5 defenses that year which is still pretty solid. Maybe not in the same league as Baltimore that year but respectable nonetheless.

And a small corrections (and a few agreements) to your stats. Yes, Flacco through for the 5th most yards against the 49ers last year. That much is true. And yes, Rodgers (RS) and Brady (RS) were the top two. However, Brees played against them while they were rather hobbled and was still on Flacco's heels, Bradford never threw for more than Flacco but he also came close, Skelton (Yes, the gimp in Arizona) threw for more than Flacco early in the season, and I'll quit giving Ryan grief when he quits choking when it counts which to be fair he has made some strides towards this season (wonder if he started talking to E.Manning ;) ).

That said, a couple stats you left out (for the 49ers & from the SB)...
  • Average Yards Passing before the Bye (8 games): 195.5y/Game (this included 2 who passed for more than Flacco).
  • Average Yards Passing after the Bye (8 games): 232y/Game (In spite of: 107y/Campbell, 150y/Tannehill, and 171y/Wilson in a 42-13 Seattle blowout.)
  • Average Yards Passing in the Playoffs (SB excluded, 2 games): 326.5y/Game.
  • Flacco in the Superbowl: 287y passing, 3 TDs, 0 TOs, Net yards: 274y (-13 via 2 sacks)
  • Jacoby Jones in the Super Bowl: 56y Receiving, Return Yards (P&K): 234y, 2 TDs, Net yards: 290y

Yet to be fair to Flacco... Most beneficial statistic? 0 fumbles, 0 interceptions. IE, he played without making stupid mistakes and gave them the best chance to win in the end. A characteristic which Dilfer played to a T in 2000's run and why the Defense put that game away. Had Dilfer thrown a few picks returned for TDs or fumbled inside their redzone it might have been a different game. I still maintain Jones should have been PotG rather than Flacco. Especially with his average 39y/Kick gained, 2TD (1 Rcv, 1 KOR), and 56y Receiving. Even if you ignore his KOR/TD, he gained over 25y/kick on average. That is PDG no matter what team you're on.

I really feel like you have no grasp about what you're talking about. That was an impressively scattered post.

Lets just deal with the facts here. Obviously using regular season since that is a minimum 400% larger sample than the post season

Giants D DVOA ranking in 2000 - 12 (15th against the pass 4th against the run)
49ers in 2012 - 2 (6th against the pass 2nd against the run)

If you in any way attempt to compare the Giants defense in 2000 to the Niners you're pissing your credibility away. Giants had a good defense in 2000, similar to the Ravens this year but no where near the Niners.

Stop sayign Flacco "Dilfered" his way to the Superbowl, it shows no knowledge of Football history and even less knowledge of current football. Flacco was brilliant in the Superbowl and Brilliant in the run to the Superbowl. Dilfer literally had the job of not throwing the game away, lets ignore everything else, Flacco threw for 14 TDs in 4 games, Dilfer threw for 3 in 4 games, Flacco threw for 1,140 yards Dilfer threw for 590

Flacco was arguably the most important part of their post season run, I said arguably of course, but the Ravens D in 2012 allowed 1713 yards though had a very positive 10 Turnovers but it wasn't even remotely close to in any realm 2000 when they allowed 837 yards and had 12 Turnovers.

I don' tcare if you think Jacoby Jones should have been MVP, or Boldin, saying that Flacco was Dilfering the Superbowl is so wrong.

Also I should have clarified in my earlier post when I said Flacco had the 5th best performance, I use net yards, not just yards. QBs should be punished for letting up sacks, and I was wrong about Bradford, I was using the team total, which included 40 yards from their punter. So Flacco had th e4th most net yards of any QB against the Niners.

As faras the pre-post bye goes, 2 games are why those numbers are like that, one against the Pats, the best offense in football in 2012 and the other that game against Rams where again the Rams have some kind of juju against the Niners.

Heck just remove the Pats game (cause regardless of when in the season they played the Pats, the Pats would have lit them up) they averaged 186.6 yards per game in the second half.

As far as the postseason goes, they hit Rodgers and Ryan for the first 2 games and Flacco playing the best football of his career. Can't knock the Niners D, they faced one of the 2 best QBs in the game, Ryan was arguably number 4 in the NFL last year, and Flacco was playing like a top 3 QB in the post season. Flacco did what he did to the Niners to the Broncos who're also a very good defensive team.

Seriously not giving Flacco credit is sad.

And fine, we'll remove Brady from the 2nd part of the season. That still means passing yardage increased by about 3.5% in the latter part of the season with the lone "quality" quarterback being Brees while the first half of the season faced Manning, Rodgers, and Stafford. But hey, whatever floats your boat. And no, the best production the Rams could put up against SF was a 275 yard passing performance in a game with 5 quarters. A total I would remind you was comfortably outdone by SKELTON in Arizona in the first half of the season. Skelton. Let me just say that again... SKELTON. In any event, it's still a trendline showing my point.

Get your panties in a wad if you must. If you want to blow Flacco, feel free. I think he played well in the playoffs/SB and didn't make mistakes but I don't think he played "great." Frankly I think he was given far more credit than he deserved but maybe they'll prove you right and the Ravens will prove dominant for years to come. Or I'll be right they'll make it back to the Super Bowl sometime around 2025 or later.

Edit: Corrected the Brees comment. I thought that was one that they had lost by mistake and had written so in error.

And he still Dilfered his way through the Super Bowl.

His best game and quality performance in the playoffs was against Denver even with the lower completion rate as he made a few pretty clutch throws at the perfect times in that game.

^^^ Can you not read three ****ing paragraphs without losing your ****? Are you a seven year old child, or a literal moron? How do you get through a day - just, waking up, checking email, going to work, reading a stop sign or two in the car - how do you get through a day with this level of illiteracy? I just... I don't understand.

If I wanted to witness people struggling to formulate their thoughts I'd go to your family reunion.

Pats blow...

This is a trash talk thread, not a "pretend analysis/useless opinions" thread. Quit trying to turn into your ****** blog.

Seahawks #1

I do actually.

# of active players carried by the Seahawks on gameday per the NFL...

# of unique truckers to pass through Seattle every hour per the US DoT...

That's 1 trucker per player every 6 minutes. Too consistent to be coincidental.

There is not an adequate amount of obnoxious in this thread however even still.

I do love how proving Seattle tongues trucker taint directly translates to sanity though.

There is not an adequate amount of obnoxious in this thread however even still.

I do love how proving Seattle tongues trucker taint directly translates to sanity though.

No, you pretty much have the obnoxious part covered. And coming from someone that has put up with Hoppy for a year, that is really saying something.

No, you pretty much have the obnoxious part covered. And coming from someone that has put up with Hoppy for a year, that is really saying something.

Thanks. I try my best... I would say I couldn't do it without God but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want that endorsement so I'll just thank him and be done with it.

That said, wtfh happened to team effort you lazy bastages?!?

Accidic said:
Thanks. I try my best... I would say I couldn't do it without God but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want that endorsement so I'll just thank him and be done with it.

That said, wtfh happened to team effort you lazy bastages?!?

Yeah, that wasn't really a compliment. We're kinda waiting for you to go away so we can resume the important business of guessing what the Patriots 2014 Superbowl rings will look like.

Back