What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FSB. It will drink better in another week, maybe just a hint of acetaldehyde with just a week in the bottle. I'm glad I finally started brewing some simpler beers again.

image-3935964294.jpg

Terrapin Hop Karma

Latest BdG. Closest to Gavroche yet, but I way overpitched and it finished too sweet.

Just got home from work, and heading to the kegerator for an "Everyday blonde". Yeah!

DisturbdChemist said:
New Texas brewery I've been hearing good things so I have high hope for this one. Cheers!

Awesome beer! Even better at the tour, bourbon barrel, nitro!

Wicked Beaver Dream Weaver. Quite possibly the worst beer I've ever had.

Tastes like melted plastic. I hope it's just a bad bottle. I love supporting Texas brews and wanted to like this

image-2759395641.jpg

Now a Firestone Union jack. I really like this, and can find it pretty cheap around here. I love California. Its a great beer seeing as its 88 degrees today. Hydrating with beer.

Drinking my Dubbel, and realizing that my Tafelbier (which I could loosely call a "Single") is fermenting now, and I'd planning rebrewing my Tripel in the next month or so, and planned on brewing a Quadrupel a month or so after that. Granted the Tafelbier will likely be long gone by the time the Quad is drinkable, but just laughing that all 4 will be at some point in the process at once.

Having some of my springtime blonde ale. Really impressed with the body on this one. Has a nice medium body to it. Quite drinkable!

A basement aged 08/17/12 Schlafly PUmpkin ale. I was disapointed with it then,now I love it 8 months later. Massive aroma still but more of a smoother complex taste to it instead of the harsh abrubtness it had when first released. Think it had some heavy cinnomon that was too much when first released that I didnt like. Ill be ageing it throughout the year now. Pretty delicious dessert type ale also being more on the sweet side-but very nice. I can still see it ageing longer though.

Sucks, but want I really want to try is still in process.

image-3418285379.jpg

A little off topic, this is what I want to try, but does it look normal? I've never had anything look like it was under I microscope before.

TNGabe said:
Did you read that after you wrote it? Ewww.

Heh. That's probably one I should have attached a drunk disclaimer! I just kicked my growler of Voodoo HTP and then promptly killed two dirty Martinis. Ok. Pens game is over. I'm out.

Ostomo517 said:
Nice! I harvest again on friday, doin grapefruit and dry hopped with Citra :rockin: Another Key Lime Pie for now

I need to try grapefruit on my next batch. Sounds like a good combo.
Mind sharing your recipe for your key lime pie beer? I'd love to try the one from Short's, but the closest I'll probably get would be to brew it myself.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Hey Wes, what yeast are you using? i threw out my last batch (second attempt). Are you using the mail order yeast cakes from the rice wine thread??

That sucks to have to throw out a batch. I've had good success with both types of yeast balls at my local Asian market. These are the ones I used this time around. I bought these because they are in a bigger bag.

image-3163647385.jpg

Back