Came into new FREE stuff.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punity

Reaction score
Just got a whole mess of gear from my boss along with a bunch of grain.

How should I store this grain I got roughly 200lbs of different styles. Thanks for the help.

ForumRunner_20130403_123959.jpg

ForumRunner_20130403_124015.jpg

ForumRunner_20130403_124030.jpg

store it in a pot with water that is roughly 156-160 degrees for one hour. then put hops and yeast with it, and store it in a bucket for a couple weeks, then store it in bottles, or that free corney I see you got there. then do one last storage transfer from your corney to your kidney. then store it in the sewer system.

store it in a pot with water that is roughly 156-160 degrees for one hour. then put hops and yeast with it, and store it in a bucket for a couple weeks, then store it in bottles, or that free corney I see you got there. then do one last storage transfer from your corney to your kidney. then store it in the sewer system.

I'm currently starting the transfer of a different model at this moment.

I wish I had a boss like that, better than the crappy bonus we got this year, and last year, and the year before.

Go to Lowes/HD and get white 5 gallon food grade plastic buckets and lids. Roughly 25lbs of grain per bucket.

Or Vittles Vaults (for dog food), but far less cost effective.

NICE SCORE! Is he getting out of the hobby?

Eh got more kids this year and moved up to 100+ gallon batches with some gear he got for free. This is the start of a pilot setup so fingers crossed our plans fall in line.

Ill check out home dump see if they got some barrels.

Hit up a local grocery store and talk to the bakery department. Sometimes they'll give you their empty frosting buckets for free.

edit: I also have some Soy Sauce buckets from the Chinese Kitchen area too. All food grade, just clean'em up.

Hit up a local grocery store and talk to the bakery department. Sometimes they'll give you their empty frosting buckets for free.

edit: I also have some Soy Sauce buckets from the Chinese Kitchen area too. All food grade, just clean'em up.

Awesome thanks ill hit up thise guys as well.

Nice score.

My boss gives me grain, hops and yeast for home as I need. He calls it a pilot system located off site...I am ok with that, now I just need to get my system built so I can take advantage of it :(

I can see the situation now.

"Who do I have to sleep with to get some free stuff around here..."

I think a homer bucket holds about 20-25 lbs. Grab a couple 6-8 from home depot. They're stackable and seal pretty well.

I can see the situation now.

"Who do I have to sleep with to get some free stuff around here..."

I think a homer bucket holds about 20-25 lbs. Grab a couple 6-8 from home depot. They're stackable and seal pretty well.

Haha thankfully no sexual favors have to pass to get this stuff

store it in a pot with water that is roughly 156-160 degrees for one hour. Then put hops and yeast with it, and store it in a bucket for a couple weeks, then store it in bottles, or that free corney i see you got there. Then do one last storage transfer from your corney to your kidney. Then store it in the sewer system.

sounds about right to me!!!!

The white food grade buckets and lids with gaskets from Lowes work well.

Ended up scoring some free icing buckets but only enough to where I had to buy some but oh well its better then it was being in bags

Go to Lowes/HD and get white 5 gallon food grade plastic buckets and lids. Roughly 25lbs of grain per bucket.

Or Vittles Vaults (for dog food), but far less cost effective.

NICE SCORE! Is he getting out of the hobby?

Paint section of home despot also has the gamma seal lids for about $6 apiece. Lots easier than prying off the lids. And I will confirm that 25 lb of 2-row fits in a 5 gal bucket.

Yea those are what I got pretty much just from ace. Im liking th rubber seal in the lid lot more comfort there.

Back