Cream Ale...What is that taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmyg316

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need some help figuring out how to replicate a cream ale from a brew pub back home. Its golden colour and easy drinking. Specifically it has this taste, this magic taste I need to recreate. The taste is in the finish and the best way I can describe it is that its like a river of wheat blowing in the breeze (I'm not artsy but thats what comes to mind everytime I get a taste). I've been able to taste something similar in Rickard's red and Coor's light but have no idea what it is. I am friends with a guy who works at the pub and he's told me that the cream ale is actually a very simple recipe. He says it used to be complicated and didnt sell well so it was reworked to be simple and now sells like crazy. The only other info I can provide is that that if you have it around for a day or two the taste goes way down and almost tastes watery.

If anyone has any idea what this taste is or how I could go about remaking it please let me know!

Cream ale is often 6 row and flaked corn but that wouldn't be golden more straw. Perhaps your tasting some victory malt? That would be toasty and golden maybe 10%?

Latest posts

Back