Nebraska Brewing Company?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyzippers

Reaction score
I've never had anything from them before. I saw a bottle of their Apricot Au Poivre Saison and it intrigued me. So I picked it up. Anyone had this or anything from them? Was it a good score? The price suggests so.

I've had a few of their beers, all good. My sister lives about 3/4 mile from their brewpub, and they host a beer festival every August in Papillion (suburb of Omaha). Their EOS Wheat is probably one of my favorites, haven't had the Apricot Au Poivre.

There was also a beer called Hop God available, but I couldn't pick that one up since I was at my 192oz sale limit. (PA is still a bit backward. I can buy a cart full of liquor and wine with no apparent limit, but I can only buy 192oz of beer at a time at a six pack shop)

I think NBC makes the best beer in Nebraska and their reserve series are very good(Melange a Trois won a 2011 GABF gold medal). They are going to start canning their regular beers here this next year once they get their production brewery set up as well.

I think NBC makes the best beer in Nebraska and their reserve series are very good(Melange a Trois won a 2011 GABF gold medal). They are going to start canning their regular beers here this next year once they get their production brewery set up as well.
Oooh, that'd be a tough toss up with Empyrean....

Oooh, that'd be a tough toss up with Empyrean....

I like Empyrean, but my palate leans more towards NBC as I do not have a heavy malt forward palate...

The beerquest Mango IPA a couple years ago is still the best beer they have made in years IMO.

Darkside/Fallen Angel and Burning Skye are solid though..

I'm probably going to crack open the Apricot Au Poivre Saison I got some time this week. Maybe during my next brew session this weekend. I'm fairly excited to try it now! I've never even heard of NBC in these parts of the east coast and I'm always up for trying something new!

Most of their beers are good. The barrel aged stuff in the belgian bottles is awesome. The apricot one is great. They also have one called Black Betty and they have a barrel aged version of Hop God.

I still think it is pricey, especially considering how close they are, but every once in a while I will get it if I can find it on the cheap side. Cheapest I've ever seen the barrel aged stuff was 14.99, usually it is 19.99. Saw it this weekend for 17.99.

Back