A fly flew in my cooled wort is it ruined? Serious answers only please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adamreef said:
I would definitely not worry about it. I shudder to think what falls, flies and/or crawls onto commercial brew vessels and problems there are rare.

You won't find anything like that in our fv's!

I have some very large pine trees in my back yard. On a very windy brew day, right after I had finished cooling down. A bunch of pine needles feel into my IPA when I pulled the lid off my pot to pullout the wort chiller. Beer turned out just fine. I named it Piney The Elder.

I had a fly happen in my current batch of brew. It was before the boil and now we have a name for the beer. "Belgian Fly Tripel"

I have some very large pine trees in my back yard. On a very windy brew day, right after I had finished cooling down. A bunch of pine needles feel into my IPA when I pulled the lid off my pot to pullout the wort chiller. Beer turned out just fine. I named it Piney The Elder.

Ba-dum Chh! :D

Come on guys he wanted serious answers only.

What you want to do is bottle it all up and send it to me for sanitation inspection.

Lol at this thread. Had a fly land in my cooling wort today. Jeff Goldblum Saison it is I guess.

I made a strong scotch ale and 2 weeks later found a couple bees floating around the primary. Beer turned out awesome. Predictibly named it Bee Heavy.

"serious answers only please"

well, then I can't respond

plus the fact someone already posted the "SPIT IT OUT!" joke that I was gonna use

really? someone says they "pee in their wort" and someone else has gotta throw down a "well, actually" ?

Serious answers ONLy please!!!

GOSH!!!!!

You guys are ass holes, and so am I.;)

OK......DEADLY serious...:

Flies are the dirtiest F*ckers on the planet. Dirtier than cockroaches because flies f*cking fly.

They land on this dead cow, then that dog sh*t, then that guys jizz.

eeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!

Your beer is F*CKED!!!!!!!!!!

An Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman are seated side-by-side at a bar. Each has a mug of beer in front of him....

Clearly you haven't spent much time in the isles. The Englishman would indeed protest. But the Irishman would just pound his beer. It's the Scotty who would grab the fly and yell 'Spit, ye wee bastarrrrrd!'

Had it happen to me I brew outside , never had a problem with the beer. If all this bacteria was going to kill you you'd be dead by now. I say finish it and drink.

Had it happen to me I brew outside , never had a problem with the beer. If all this bacteria was going to kill you you'd be dead by now. I say finish it and drink.

Had a bee fly into the boil once. I spontaneously knew that GOD was telling me something. Added whatever honey I had to the boil.

Can we please stay serious here. The is a clear solution to this issue.

If a fly lands in your beer you must put in a spider to catch the fly and then a bird to catch the spider and then a cat to catch the bird and then a dog to catch the cat and then a cow to catch the dog and then a horse of course.

And the award goes to Ramitt for best use of children's literature in a thread response on a beer forum. :rockin:

Back