2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the judging of trades. I'm not good at that either. But I'm trying to get better. I have had a couple of opportunities recently that I have spent some time studying and I feel I will get more confident in trades in the near future.

so when do the beer wagers begin?:D

I understand your logic on the trade I proposed yesterday, is there a way to make it happen otherwise? Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I went to the afternoon Rockies game yesterday and then had company over in the evening.

I must admit I struggle to keep up to date 7 days a week- or even 5! And I'm not good with trades, because I find it hard to judge the value of players (as displayed by my dropping Kimbrel a few weeks back and adding Grilli), and consequently always feel like the other guy is trying to take me for a ride... As the token 'guy from across the pond' in the group I'd rather come last but try my best, than come second last to an unattended team. Hope there's no problems etc etc, and look forward to winning what we call over here 'the wooden spoon' for coming last!

Sometimes you win a trade and sometimes you lose a trade. Rarely is it even, but that is some of the fun. Last year I traded Jake Peavy for Tulowitzky when Peavy was the top pitcher in the league and Tulo was just about to come off the DL (within 2-3 days was the projection if I remember correctly) it turned out that Tulo didn't play a game all season from that point on. So I got hosed, but then again I was gambling and lost. Also last year I traded Hanley Ramirez for Justin Upton and Upton was atrocious for the rest of the year. Again at the time, it was a big loss for me.

Then again, this year both are crushing the ball and it worked out...sometimes trades are tough to judge for a long time, just like in the show.

I understand your logic on the trade I proposed yesterday, is there a way to make it happen otherwise? Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I went to the afternoon Rockies game yesterday and then had company over in the evening.

I was going to look at another option yesterday but didn't get a chance. I will try today. Maybe this evening and see what I can do to make it work in both of our favor. My biggest need is an OF right now. My guys can't hit for crap! haha

Question for you guys, Suppose I propose a trade, 1 of mine for 2 of yours. I have to drop a player in order to take two. The trade proposal will not go through until I have dropped a player to make room. What happens if the trade is rejected? Am I now one roster spot short or does the "no agreement" on the trade, over ride the dropping of a player?

+1 on the judging of trades. I'm not good at that either. But I'm trying to get better. I have had a couple of opportunities recently that I have spent some time studying and I feel I will get more confident in trades in the near future.

I bet everyone who I play a sixer or a few bombers as it makes it more interesting...some people aren't interested in it as the shipping is expensive for them. I'm more than happy to wager a sixer in our matchup.

We play in June. I could probably be persuaded to make a little wager. You're in Cal, so does that mean you can get Pliny? I can't and it's the one beer I really want to try.

Then I'd say we have a bet, my good man! ha Texas isn't the mega-capital of micro-brews but I bet I can find you something worth drinking. We have a few pretty darn good breweries around here.

It's all up to the players. I've done a few the last few years. Not every week though. I can't afford that much shipping all the time. Add to that, I will be sleeping on the couch if I gamble away a lot.

Then I'd say we have a bet, my good man! ha Texas isn't the mega-capital of micro-brews but I bet I can find you something worth drinking. We have a few pretty darn good breweries around here.

You're so full of ****. There is no good beer in Texas, just cold beer. hahaha

It's all up to the players. I've done a few the last few years. Not every week though. I can't afford that much shipping all the time. Add to that, I will be sleeping on the couch if I gamble away a lot.

You're so full of ****. There is no good beer in Texas, just cold beer. hahaha

There's good beer at Wild Ginger Brewing! bwahahaha Yeah shipping can get expensive so I try to only a few swaps a year, but since I will win the bet, it won't matter to me :ban:

Question for you guys, Suppose I propose a trade, 1 of mine for 2 of yours. I have to drop a player in order to take two. The trade proposal will not go through until I have dropped a player to make room. What happens if the trade is rejected? Am I now one roster spot short or does the "no agreement" on the trade, over ride the dropping of a player?

Pretty sure that you have to designate a player to drop, but it won't matter unless the trade goes through.

I bet everyone who I play a sixer or a few bombers as it makes it more interesting...some people aren't interested in it as the shipping is expensive for them. I'm more than happy to wager a sixer in our matchup.

I am always up for a friendly wager. With anyone, too. Living in Colorado, there are a lot of great beers here as well.

So I just figured something out. When I post from my laptop I am signed in as Bosoxdave which I think I lost my password to years ago. Which is why I re-signed up as Bosdave and on my desktop I am auto logged in as that. Hence why it is both.

:drunk:

Othan already picked up a sixer from me. It is riding across the country in a brown truck. Sadly my kegerator was empty at the time so they're all local brews.

JohnnyO said:
That's the spirit, loser. hahaha
Bwahahah
bosdave said:
Pretty sure that you have to designate a player to drop, but it won't matter unless the trade goes through.
If thats the case i will try again later. I sent you 2 PM's in the meantime. Not sure how do a trade request from the app but i will look.

Othan already picked up a sixer from me. It is riding across the country in a brown truck. Sadly my kegerator was empty at the time so they're all local brews.

Thanks again. No offense, but I prefer local brews to some of your homebrew:mug:

I also won a sixer off of Alfred and Lost one to Johnny sitting here looking at some great Speakeasy brews I'm sending his way

If thats the case i will try again later. I sent you 2 PM's in the meantime. Not sure how do a trade request from the app but i will look.

Thought I would figure this out for you and anyone else that wants to utilize it during the season.

On your app, go to the gray bar near the top, slide it over to the right until you see Teams. Select that option and then select the team that you want to propose a trade to, select that as well. At the top of their roster - near where the gray bar was - select propose trade and go from there.

Dave

Wow, Price for Dempster?! Have you been drinking today? This is a keeper league after all ;) I'd have asked for a better pitcher Like Moore if I was giving up Price. its a "fair" trade points wise at this point, but will significantly weaken EYD and strengthen BSD rotation.

But hey what do I know? I'd make the same deal if I was Dave!

Did you start the weekend early Darvish? It's technically fair but Price is an ace type pitcher while Dempster is good, but not great.

Yes, yes, yes, I know. But right now I need some points. Badly. And Price is not providing. I will probably regret it later but for now, it also got me a hitter. My OF sucks balls.

And now for something completely awesome...

http://deadspin.com/coolest-gif-ever-shows-five-yu-darvish-pitches-at-once-480964674

"Oh Son!(Tommy Johnson) You traded your everlasting soul for that?!

ysys1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade is a lot more balanced than people are giving EYD credit for. No doubt that Dempster is a step down from Price traditionally, but he currently has better numbers and I had to give up a quality OF to make it happen. I am assuming/hoping that he can return to old form.

For what it's worth, I did a quick analysis after week 3. Pitching had only counted for 38% of my total scoring output. Pitchers are not worth what they have been in this league in past years with the new scoring metrics that we are using.

bosoxdave said:
Trade is a lot more balanced than people are giving EYD credit for. No doubt that Dempster is a step down from Price traditionally, but he currently has better numbers and I had to give up a quality OF to make it happen. I am assuming/hoping that he can return to old form.

For what it's worth, I did a quick analysis after week 3. Pitching had only counted for 38% of my total scoring output. Pitchers are not worth what they have been in this league in past years with the new scoring metrics that we are using.

Yiu dont have to try and justify the trade to me ;) i got what i needed and so did you. Fair trade as far as im concerned.

Damn, I scored over 500 points for the first time this year and will still lose! Only had 6 starting pitchers this week and it hurt me...oh well, that's fantasy baseball. Congrats PEI

I'm about to take my first loss. Congrats to Black Sabathias.

Likewise with Carson. Nice win.

Damn, I scored over 500 points for the first time this year and will still lose! Only had 6 starting pitchers this week and it hurt me...oh well, that's fantasy baseball. Congrats PEI

Sam ting.

And to make things worse...Tulo goes out with a shoulder injury yesterday.

And to make things worse...Tulo goes out with a shoulder injury yesterday.

Damn. That sucks. I'm really glad I traded him two years ago now.

I emailed Desert Rat Squad through HBT just now. I'll give him a couple days to respond, and then we'll find a new owner if he hasn't gotten back.

I know I've given him more slack than other teams. I only did so because he has been with the league since we started. I had to go back to the beginning of last season to find his post in these threads.

Last week, I picked up a FA SP who happened to be scheduled to pitch that day. Didn't realize that I was 3 minutes late after rosters locked for the day. He goes on to score over 30 pts that night. Nice! :|

Next day, crisis at work and I neglect to reset a couple of pitchers who I had moved to the bench. They both started that day and both scored 25+ pts.

Missed out on 80+ pts on two consecutive days....Lost the matchup by less than 50. Kinda par for my season so far.

Oh well, good thing I like beer. :)

BoSox Dave...that wasn't meant to be taken as a bull sheet trade proposal. It was as almost identical trade based on points. You just made an argument for the recent trade you made with EYD.
Sorry if I offended you. That's what counter offers are for.

Latest posts

Back