Summer Ale Secondary Add-ons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnerhaus

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm starting my second batch today, a Summer Ale by Brewer's Best, I was wondering if anyone might have some experience or advice on anything to add in the secondary to make it more "summery" or fruity, would like to make it more my own even though it is a kit....thanks!

That kit is basically a sort of clone of Shock Top. Taste one of those & imagine what fruit flavor you'd like with that. I think they do a red raspberry one now...

Lemon zest about 1 lemon worth last 5 minutes of your boil. I just made a sam summer clone and thats what i used! a week after fermentation it tastes great subtle not too overpowering

The BB summer ale comes with orange zest & spices. Put'em in a muslin hop sack & add the last 15 minutes of the boil. This one being like shock top,it comes out kinda close to that. but a lil lemon zest added to the bag of orange zest & spices might be nice.

Latest posts

Back