bubble in PET plastic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbzdel

Reaction score
i picked up a PET plastic carboy from my local brew shop. It came new in a box. Got home and on the bottom was a small bubble maybe 3/16" round in the plastic, i tried pushing on it and it seems solid but should i be worried? should i try to exchange it? i can post pictures first thing in the morning if it would help.

thanks!

I don't see why it matters- I would probably keep it but I don't see any reason to return it. If it bothers you, I'm sure it would be easy to exchange for a different one.

Wanted to post up the pic
35naolh.jpg

i have bottles that have bubbles in them and they haven't leaked yet. but i would ask the place you bought it if they would return it. i wouldn't want to lose all the beer.

Is it on the outside only? or does it look like that inside too? If it's on the outside surface, keep it. Could be hard to clean if it's on the inside too, though.

It it on both sides, and appears to be VERY thing as its almost 100% clear as the rest of the bottle has the slight plastic haze to it.

I will be out in that area tonight, I may take it with me and see what they say.

Latest posts

Back