Drill Press Bottle Cap Adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedway

Reaction score
Here are a few picks of my drill press capper project.

Found a piece of all thread in my scrap bin that matched the capping bell perfect. Got lucky there.

Chucked it up with some sandpaper to protect the treads and turned it down to about 3/8"

The end result. I put a taper on it for no particular reason. It just worked out that way.

This thing works really great! The only problem is now I have a drill press on the kitchen counter. But my wife doesn't seem to mind too much.

Wow! That is one heavy bottle capper to have to move around (assuming your SWMBO doesn't let you just leave it on the counter)!!! :D

Slicker than glass!!! Multi purpose machinery at it's best. Any results on capping quality yet? I bet it is much easier to do that way then the two lever hand operated cappers all over the market, and way cheaper than buying another new piece of equipment for the bench top. Definitely a two thumbs up for outside the box engineering!!!!

Wheelchair Bob

"Honey, now that we have a bottle capper in the house, I think that we need a new, larger drill press in the workshop."

Great idea!

Latest posts

Back