First all grain batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarEagle1

Reaction score
I recently purchased equipment for all grain brewing. 2- 10 gal coolers (one for mash and one as hot liquor tank to sparge as it came with sparge arm) 10 gal brew pot. My first question is will I be able to do a ten gallon batch at once or will I need to do 2 - 5 gal batches? The answer to this and any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Looks like you are well on your way to being able to make ten gallon batches! That ten gal kettle will come in very handy for heating water but you will need to add a 15 gallon kettle for boiling, I recommend a keggle for the money savings...

I recently purchased equipment for all grain brewing. 2- 10 gal coolers (one for mash and one as hot liquor tank to sparge as it came with sparge arm) 10 gal brew pot. My first question is will I be able to do a ten gallon batch at once or will I need to do 2 - 5 gal batches? The answer to this and any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Your brew pot is too small IMO. I use a 9 gallon pot to brew a 5-6 gallon batch.

With a larger pot you should be able to do 10 gallon batches, unless you are interested in high gravity beer. In this case you would need a larger cooler or brew a smaller quantity like 8 gallons or something.

Back