Best bar/pub in Columbus?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDKid

Reaction score
I'm heading to Columbus for the weekend of May 17-19. I wanted to know where the best bar/pub was, in terms of great beer. Beer advocate reviews recommended Bob's Bar, Bodega and Winking Lizard for best beer selection. I'm not too concerned with atmosphere, trendiness or food. I'm looking for BEER. I'm a Canadian homebrewer who frequents Michigan and their awesome brewpubs/microbreweries. I need some good beer. Thanks in advance.

Elevator is a cool place to go at night and hangout with good craft beer. Also check out Barleys Brewing in the arena district, excellent wings and great beers, check them out for lunch.

The wife and I were up there a couple weeks to visit friends. Didn't make it to Elevator, but Barleys was good, and Bodega had a pretty good beer selection, as long as you don't mind hanging out with a slightly hipster-ish crowd.

Also check out Brothers Drake Meadery. They offer a flight of 5 meads for $10 ($10-$15? Things were getting a bit fuzzy by the time we got there). They have some specialties (Cascade dry-hopped mead, oak-aged mead, apple pie mead) that are very nice.

The pint room, 101 beer kitchen (make a reservation), the daily growler (awesome happy hour and tons of beers on tap), barleys (smokehouse has better food than the ale house downtown), bodega (hipster central but large selection), brothers drake is an awesome change of pace, columbus brewing company, 2 world of beer locations in columbus (easton and brewery district). I am not a big fan of elevator and their beers, but to each his own.

Back