What have you burnt while brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hand stirring the LME on my 3rd batch years back. Never forget it it. Blistered and everything. Hurt for a month.

The fancy rubber thing on my ball valve handle on the kettle caught fire within like 10 minutes if my first batch ever. Very stressful...

Caught the plastic hose on my wort chiller on fire. Luckily it was on the outlet side, just had to work with a shorter hose.

Haha, I had that same thing happen when a buddy was brewing a batch with me a while ago Palsy2. I have also burned holes in two pairs of basketball shorts while brewing. You would think I would learn the first time. I will blame the homebrews. :D

My wrist.

This was the incident that inspired me to get a refractometer. I was trying to get a sample for the hydrometer, touched the boiling wort with my finger, dropped the glass in the wort, splashed my wrist. Small area of 2nd degree burn about 3x4 inches of 1st degree.

My foot, legs, hands. A little splash of strike water in the face. A whole lot of honey. I still keep coming back for more though.

Let's see.

A pretty bad one on my left boob (left a scar) when I lifted up the lid on the HLT and shot 190 degree water at my entire chest. That was about a year ago.

Burned my right arm on Thurday, with second degree burns, when my arm got caught between the empty MLT and the boil kettle.

Otherwise, just a few miscellaneous burns and stuff over the years. Nothing major really!

My fingers... That incident prompted me to buy a much longer spoon!!!!

Back