Sad Change of Events

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So before my deployment I started working on a brand new 10 gal system. I made a control box using arduino and the ability to link to an android device as well. When I got back I got two stout tanks (a 15g brew kettle and mash tun) and finished the build.

The thread can be found HERE

So heres the problem, I was expecting to live in Arkansas for another 1-3 years before I had to move. I bought a house a year ago and installed a 240V outlet in my garage for my new system.

When I returned from deployment I found out that I had received an assignment change (do to crazy happenings) and now Im moving. 240V outlets arent very common to find these days (especially the 4 prong versions). So now Im afraid that when I get to my new location (Grand Forks, ND so if any brewers are up there feel free to send me a PM) that Im gonna be living in an Apartment (as Im not buying another house for this assignment). And I wont have the ability to install a 240V outlet at my new location and wont be able to use my new system. :(

Will your new apartment have an electric range or dryer?

If you do, you may have power options for your rig.

Yeah, thats what im hoping, though will be a pain to setup inside, its kinda a big rig

This will pass.

Obviously, see what ends up actually happening, but if your fears prove grounded, that set-up in an apartment would be ridiculous.

Stow it and do stove top PMs until you can move.

Get/make a realllly long extension cord. I run my eHerms system in my garage from my dryer outlet inside the house. Have about a 30' extension cord that works perfectly.

Get/make a realllly long extension cord. I run my eHerms system in my garage from my dryer outlet inside the house. Have about a 30' extension cord that works perfectly.

I do the same for my MIG welder, making the extension cords is easy and cheap.

That is one of the options I was looking into. Either the dryer,stove, or hot water heater outlets depending on where I end up living

That is one of the options I was looking into. Either the dryer,stove, or hot water heater outlets depending on where I end up living

I have never seen or heard of a water heater being plugged into an outlet.
Usually they get hard-wired into a J-box.

Back