Brew Stand - Heat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaybrewingco

Reaction score
To all... My friend and I finished building our brew stand today made out of aluminum Rexroth extruded pieces and ran a first initial test on about 10 gallons of water. I noticed after 10-15 minutes of burning, the stand was extremely hot due to the burners being recessed. We decided to move the burners up a bit so it's off the main frame which helped some.

We are debating on what to do now with the burners and how to mount them.. We may use steel for the burner/tank braces but keep the aluminum stand as-is.

I'm curious to hear how hot other people's stands get during boiling?

image.jpg

aluminum would make me nervous. My stand glows when it is in the middle of the boil. Can you post some pics?

For the second test, we basically took the casing we built to hold the burner and put it on top of the stand which helped.

image.jpg

I'd raise the pots so the flames have somewhere to vent.

We have tons of access to the Rexroth aluminum but I'm not sure how to raise the pots without running into the same issue. I think we have to use steel to raise the pots in order to keep the heat in the aluminum down to a minimum.

We have tons of access to the Rexroth aluminum but I'm not sure how to raise the pots without running into the same issue. I think we have to use steel to raise the pots in order to keep the heat in the aluminum down to a minimum.

What did you end up doing to resolve this? Did you have to use steel or could you make the aluminum work?

Its getting hot cause theres no place for the gases to vent..Although it looks nice you need something to raise your kettles up, spacers or something in order for the burners/gases to vent..

Latest posts

Back