Cheap FermWrap Build? Warmer Fermentation needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00se

Reaction score
I'm looking to brew a few Saisons in the next few weeks and wasn't happy with the way my last one came out from fermenting in the low 60s with 3711. I'm looking to buy/build something that will keep a 6gal glass carboy around 85 degrees in a 65 degree room. I was thinking about building a fermwrap from this link http://mattmegbrew.blogspot.com/2009/11/cheap-fermwrap.html

If anyone has experience with the build I'd love to hear about how they adhered the heat tape to the carboy.

Without a fermentation chamber, is there a quick method for increasing ferm temps?

I've used a heating pad to great success, but you obviously want to keep an eye on this.

A lot of people do somethign similar to a swamp cooler. You get a large tub/bucket full of water and place your fermenter in it. You then add an aquarium heater to the water.

These are often not accurate to more than a couple of degrees, but that should be fine for warming beer.

Latest posts

Back