A long overdue introduction!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadbrum

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I joined the site and got hooked to the wonders of homebrewing when I was 18 years old, which is five years ago now. I brewed one batch of beer, which was supposed to be a pale ale, bottled after three days and had one very sweet batch of beer that people raved about.

Then came college, a Mr. Beer brew kit that I attempted to make apfelwein out of in my dorm room, and some terrible stomachaches and hangovers for my friends. I'm pretty sure that the product was more acetic acid than alcohol, but we all drank it just the same.

I graduated from Kansas State University about a year ago with a bachelors in biochemistry, moved to San Diego for a short term of employment at UCSD, and am now on a hiatus before I start an MD/PhD program back here in Kansas City. Between the money I have stocked up from working and the amount of time that I have to spend doing...well, whatever I please between now and June has let me rediscover my love of homebrewing. About a week ago I bottled my first "born-again brewer" batch of coffee oatmeal stout, which is four days from its first official tasting - I'll admit, I only made it five days before tasting the first one. It was good, but very, very green.

I brewed my next batch yesterday, a Red Ale. These are both partial mash/extract brews that in no way are any artistic work on my part. My LHBS extract kits are all that I'm working with now. I want to get the methods down to a science before I move to all-grain and kegging.

Anyway, I love reading the forums here, it seems like a really great community and I'm excited to be part of it! Look forward to being more active in the months to come (on this board, probably not physically).

Back