Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of odds is NE catching currently?
Current bests:
NE: 6:1
Den: 6:1
SF: 13:2
SEA: 9:1
NYJ: 50:1 (Yeah right.)
OAK: 200:1

Edit: Fixed odds to win. Added a few teams.

Yeah, that wasn't really a compliment. We're kinda waiting for you to go away so we can resume the important business of guessing what the Patriots 2014 Superbowl rings will look like.

I'm more interested in guessing what the Patriots latest cheating scheme is because the Pats can't seem to win a championship cleanly.

Hey hey hey! Be nice. It's pretty clear the Patriots aren't cheating presently... If they were, they would have managed to not get taken to the woodshed by Lil' Manning twice in a row.

Poor Jets fans. Sanchez is garbage and you should have never taken him, not to mention trading up to take him. I mean for ****s sake, he's a USC QB, I went to USC and I wouldn't draft one of those clowns. Then you take a kid who publically cries and pouts when he doesn't get picked in the first and threatens to leave and then fires his agent because he was delusional about his own draft stock. Waste of a pick when you select a pouting *****fart for a QB.

Good luck with your new QB, JETS fans. Geno Smith is such a whiny *****, he doesn't get drafted in the first round and fires his agent as a result. Maybe you're just not that good, hmm?

Good luck with your new QB, JETS fans. Geno Smith is such a whiny *****, he doesn't get drafted in the first round and fires his agent as a result. Maybe you're just not that good, hmm?

He probably fired his agent because his agent advised against him playing in the Senior Bowl and they prepared him poorly for the individual team meetings. Guess which QB played in the Senior Bowl and was drafted in the 1st round (ridiculously terrible pick btw)? I'd fire his ass too if he cost me millions in a contract.

I can't wait to see which AFC East team made the poorer decision at QB in the draft this year. They both have a high probability of failure. The question is, will one be epic?
It's like waiting for Christmas!

I can't wait to see which AFC East team made the poorer decision at QB in the draft this year. They both have a high probability of failure. The question is, will one be epic?
It's like waiting for Christmas!

Seriously, and I'm not a fan of the Pats, but just goes to show how a really well run organization can dominate even in today's parity filled NFL. Every other AFC east team is run like garbage. Miami has a chance with a solid coach and a potentially top 10-15 QB, but you watch, that organization will **** it up. Bob Kraft knows exactly what he is doing. Hire quality football people to run the football side and leave them the **** alone. I'm just glad that after a decade of being trash that Jed York has finally hired Baalke and Harbs and decided to just let them do their thing.

I'm just baffled by the stories surfacing about how they're putting pressure on SuperGinger to become elite. Seems like he's done moderately good to me.

Well Cliff Harris got cut for another arrest for possession of pot. Jets are really screwed now. Kid has the talent of Deon Sanders and the mind of Corky.

Well Cliff Harris got cut for another arrest for possession of pot. Jets are really screwed now. Kid has the talent of Deon Sanders and the mind of Corky.

Harris has never even played in a NFL game. Oh no, we're down a nickel corner. It's not like there aren't a ton of undrafted ones out there now, right? What a huuuuuge loss. :rolleyes:

I wish we had noobs hit this thread more during the off season. We need more "oh real mature", "relevant facts", etc quotes.

It's way more fun to horribly insult someone when they have no clue what's going on.

See the ESPN article on Brady? I think they are positioning him for a run for the presidency after he retires. Imagine having a guy with 6 Super Bowl rings in the white house! I figure that is only one every other year until he retires. Seems too easy.

Brady is 35 years old. You will be fortunate to get 3 - 4 more high quality years out of him. You do realize that Belichick is going to either cut or trade Brady away once he lines up a suitable replacement regardless of whether at that point Brady has anything left in the tank or not. It's a cold, cold game.

Darwin18 said:
Brady is 35 years old. You will be fortunate to get 3 - 4 more high quality years out of him. You do realize that Belichick is going to either cut or trade Brady away once he lines up a suitable replacement regardless of whether at that point Brady has anything left in the tank or not. It's a cold, cold game.

The jets would trade their entire team for Brady today. And Woody Johnson would get Brady's jersey tattooed on his a$$. So STFU.

Boston has a tradition of holding on to their star players too long out of loyalty. Hell, they basically ruined the C's franchise for 20 years by hanging onto the Big Three too long.

Then again, Len Bias and Reggie Lewis dying, and that stupid hiring of Pitino, didn't help either.

Boston has a tradition of holding on to their star players too long out of loyalty. Hell, they basically ruined the C's franchise for 20 years by hanging onto the Big Three too long.

Then again, Len Bias and Reggie Lewis dying, and that stupid hiring of Pitino, didn't help either.

Not the Pats though. Numerous star players have been traded at the peak of their value or released / not resigned when their cost exceeds their value and a cheaper alternative is available. It's the major reason the Pats have been so competitive for the last decade+.

See the ESPN article on Brady? I think they are positioning him for a run for the presidency after he retires. Imagine having a guy with 6 Super Bowl rings in the white house! I figure that is only one every other year until he retires. Seems too easy.

Yeah, but the only way he could win it is if someone videotaped the other parties campaign meetings or something...

Lets get real. Pats haven't won in 8+ yrs and the Giants have won two since. Eli for POTUS 2016.

Darwin18 said:
I'd rather have an incompetent at QB than a rapist. That's just me though, not sure how it works in Pittsburgh.

I'd rather have a rapist. At least he shows initiative.

I honestly cannot see Belicheck paying ways with Brady unless he has at least a moderately solid alternative. Cassel did "ok" but not stellar in relief. As long as they're a significant threat for going all the way, I believe Brady chooses when to hang it up.

There's a lot more to it than Brady/Belichick. Kraft treats Tommy like one of his sons (heck, maybe favorite son, who knows - it's a total man/boy crush thing going on).

And I disagree about Cassel's performance. It's hard to be critical of someone coming off the bench cold 15 minutes into the Week 1 game, winning that game and 10 more to go 11-5 for the season. That they didn't get into the playoffs was one of the huge injustices of the NFL seeding method, with three teams getting into the show with fewer wins (including crapbox on wheels San Diego) and another with 11.

But I'm not bitter ;)

Imo, Cassel did very well indeed...

Cheers!

PSA for newcomers: you can pretty much discount anything Hoppy has to say, as everything he knows about football he learned watching Redzone.

Cheers! ;)

Back