Jersey Kilt Render - Strong Scotch Ale Trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIF

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, I've had some promising results on this "Odds and Ends" batch. Originally I was looking to make an EPA styled something and utilize about 5oz of Liberty Hops in the process, but my ridiculous Candi addition got this sucker flaming down the esophagus. Beyond the booze burn, there are already a bunch of cool flavors and post-first-sip florals coming through in the nose.

I only bottled 22s on this and honestly, the thought of ploughing through these makes my liver and waistline cringe.

Hit me up.. it will be my first sampling through this site.

Thanks,
Rob

Hey Johnny,

Sorry, I'm new to the method on how to announce these sorts of things. I'm giving it away for critique. Trades of course, are very welcome ;)

I thought this was going to turn out like a more elaborate Bass-type EPA but I went a little nuts on the fermentables.

OG - 1.080
FG - 1.014

4lbs Mountmellick Light LME
6lbs Briess Amber LME
16oz Candi Simplicity
3 Additions totalling 5oz of Liberty Hops
Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale

Turned out morel like a Scottish Strong. Has little leathery notes to is almost like Belhaven. Lot more complex than that, too but I'll let the samplers decide on when they can elicit from the brew.

I'll bite. And can offer RIS, Old Ale, the 12-12-12 Wee Heavy or the 11-11-11 Brett aged old ale...which has finally stopped tasting like a horses ass and is actually pretty good....

Hey Johnny,

Sorry, I'm new to the method on how to announce these sorts of things. I'm giving it away for critique. Trades of course, are very welcome ;)

I thought this was going to turn out like a more elaborate Bass-type EPA but I went a little nuts on the fermentables.

OG - 1.080
FG - 1.014

4lbs Mountmellick Light LME
6lbs Briess Amber LME
16oz Candi Simplicity
3 Additions totalling 5oz of Liberty Hops
Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale

Turned out morel like a Scottish Strong. Has little leathery notes to is almost like Belhaven. Lot more complex than that, too but I'll let the samplers decide on when they can elicit from the brew.

Sounds good!
Always like trying new beers, up to 850 on uptappd and would love to add yours in to the database.
How about this, you send some of your homebrew and when i get it ill send some of mine back! lol

Cool...

PM me with your details and for those into a trade, I'll PM you back with my "preferences" ;)

Thanks!
Rob

Latest posts

Back